Anniversary

Old 05-01-2011, 02:41 PM

Happy Anniversary. Praying that you had some very time to think back on all of the great times, you guys had together. So sorry for your lose.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:07 PM

Happy Anniversary! My kids never know what to say either, so I send them an e-mail on their dad's birthday reminding them to raise a glass of his favorite beer up high and toast his life. Our anniversary is my turn to make a toast and thank him for all the memories he left me with. And yes, I still cry a bit after 10 years.(hugs to you!)
Old 05-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Banned

I'm sending warm thoughts to you today. I'm sure the kids are maybe just busy, or maybe the date just got away from them. It sounds like you and your husband had some wonderful years together. My sympathy for your loss.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by TwinRiverFarm
Happy Anniversary! My kids never know what to say either, so I send them an e-mail on their dad's birthday reminding them to raise a glass of his favorite beer up high and toast his life. Our anniversary is my turn to make a toast and thank him for all the memories he left me with. And yes, I still cry a bit after 10 years.(hugs to you!)
It is going on 10 years for me too. Thank God for the memories. hugs to you too.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by sassey
Today would of been my 47 anniversary DH passed little over 4 years. I know most people don't celebrate annivesaries when their spouse has already passed but to me this is still an important day in my life. I didn't expect a celebration but my children have all seemed to forget that this day is special to me. Didn't get a call from any of them to inquire what kind of day I am having. It would of made my day a little less lonely. Thanks for letting me vent and thanks to those that understand my feelings
Today is my son's 12th anniversary! I called him to wish him a Happy Anniversary. My DH, his father, has been gone since 12-2-2001. But I don't think my son has continued to send me wishes. Kind of hard to say
"happy ------" when DH is gone. Still what would we do without the memories? Glad you posted here and I am wishing you Blessed Memories.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:24 PM

I light a candle on my parents anniversary every year.Both are gone now Dad 22 yrs and Mom 7 years. I also light one on their birthdays. I celebrate with stories and my kids luckly don't tire of it. Miss them terribly.

So many of us have a story or two. Our hearts go out to you with hugs for we understand. So Sassey I'll raise a glass to you and say happy anniversary. For it is an anniversary for you to look back on with loving memories.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:33 PM

Sometimes we children just don't remember that you have a special day or just don't want you to feel worse because you love is no longer around physically. Maybe you can gently remind them that your wedding anniversary is still a very special day to you and always will be. Happy Anniversary to, I know your husband is celebrating with you on the other side.
Chiquita
Old 05-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

Happy Anniversary, I hope you had a lot of memories to make your day just a bit happier.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:34 PM

This date will always be an important date for you. No one can take away 43 years of your life, so I think you should celebrate this day remembering all the good times you had. {{{hugs}}}
Old 05-01-2011, 06:13 PM

I am approaching the second anniversary of my husband death and his birthday and our 34th anniversary. All in June. I have no idea how to deal with it. I miss him so much! this place is so good to share, so I wish you a happy anniversay!