Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying -in my face

I have an ad blocker but this has appeared a couple of times. Some of them have a place you can check to close the ad but they're not always easy to see.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

My gripe is with Family Dollar ads highjacking the entire page on QB. I can remove it; my 'puter blocks my removing it. A new computer is arriving Wed. night, so hopefully, that will take care of the problem.

It is scary to realize that ads are targeting you. They track your buying online and post ads just for your buying habits.

Blog Entries
    I agree with the Firefox/AdBlockerPlus posters. This is what I use and I never see ads. Drives me batty when I use DH's iPad with Safari, which apparently has no such ad blocking plugin. Ads up the wazoo! I hate that one that follows you down the right side of the page. DH told me he's installed a Chrome app, so I'm hoping that will block the ads.

I feel for you, Patrice, I understand that's how this site pays for itself. But I really have a huge problem with the amount of advertising we are bombarded with all day, every day, from everything around us (not just this site).

Blog Entries
    I see it also. I just ignore it. it's better than the photos of ladies looking sexy!!!!

I have the ads, but never read them, I still would take them off if I could.

Blog Entries
    With me, it's sort of become a "seeing them without really seeing them" kind of thing. But still annoying.

I found a free program called Ghostery that blocks sites from leaving tracking devices on my computer, and I am amazed at how much it's cut down on ads. I don't mind the quilting related ads, but some of the other stuff is annoying, especially when it pops up wherever I go.

Ghostery tells me how many sites it's blocking on every page I go. My son's been to sites where over 20 other sites were trying to track him! No wonder weird ads used to show up!

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
    It is scary to realize that ads are targeting you. They track your buying online and post ads just for your buying habits.
    Remember, any time you are offered something "FREE" on the internet ------ YOU are the product.

Yep...the same three friends unfriended me too (and I'm on FF). The ad disappeared in a couple of days. Let it pass.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast