Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Another earthquake!

  1. #1
    Super Member virtualbernie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,590
    Blog Entries
    3
    Centered in Mineral VA--4.5 aftershock. Hope nobody's hurt! Take care!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    116
    Geez- its all on over there at the moment isn't it? Is that normal for you guys?

  3. #3
    Super Member QuiltnLady1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,839
    Oh, those poor people. Hope nothing else fell and no one gets hurt.

  4. #4
    Super Member virtualbernie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,590
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs
    Geez- its all on over there at the moment isn't it? Is that normal for you guys?
    Nope, it's not normal on the East Coast. Didn't feel anything in Maryland this time but my cat's extra clingy tonight...

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    116
    Thats very scary then. I notice if people are from earthquake prone areas they are a bit 'meh, whatever' - which is why I asked! I wonder what is going on? Have they said anything? Do they expect a big one?

    Oh - I just saw where you were from...I've been to Maryland - stay safe and lets hope there is no more!

  6. #6
    Senior Member nycbgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    366
    That's really too bad. I hope no more aftershocks, they can be just as scarry.

  7. #7
    Super Member crafty_linda_b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    Posts
    1,574
    I hope this is the last of the quakes for you easterners. The whole world is changing tho. The polar ice caps are melting at an alarming rate. I have a feeling we are in for alot more strange weather & happenings in the future. I am a firm believer in warning signs and there are more and more happening each day. When the space flights first started back in the late 1960's my Mom told me to watch and see what happens to the world. She told me that the moon controls the earths ocean tides and so forth. The more times they go into space the more it will change things and create problems. I was just about 10 years old then and I am now in my early 60's and I am realizing she was right. crafty_linda_b

  8. #8
    Super Member Deb watkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Horseheads, NY 14845
    Posts
    3,540
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualbernie
    Centered in Mineral VA--4.5 aftershock. Hope nobody's hurt! Take care!
    And I am headed for Colonial Williamsburg, VA on Tuesday!

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
    I hope this is the last of the quakes for you easterners. The whole world is changing tho. The polar ice caps are melting at an alarming rate. I have a feeling we are in for alot more strange weather & happenings in the future. I am a firm believer in warning signs and there are more and more happening each day. When the space flights first started back in the late 1960's my Mom told me to watch and see what happens to the world. She told me that the moon controls the earths ocean tides and so forth. The more times they go into space the more it will change things and create problems. I was just about 10 years old then and I am now in my early 60's and I am realizing she was right. crafty_linda_b
    I agree - there is definitely something going on. The world is off kilter for sure. There is so much going on all of the time - its very worrying!

  10. #10
    Super Member Jan in VA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Posts
    5,931
    I felt it, but I was sitting still in my chair. I believe if I'd been busy moving around I probably wouldn't have noticed it.

    There have been many earthquakes in this region going back 150+ years, many noted in writings...letters/newspapers/diaries...of the time, but none of them was as strong as the one Tuesday, since the 1890s. Were you aware that northern CA had 2 quakes today? And there was a 7.0 in Peru?

    Believe me we are more concerned about the impending hurricane -- those are more common and certainly more likely to cause death and damage for us in this part of the country. Any Bible student, though, sure sees similarities in current news and end time prophecies! Especially when quake day was spectacularly beautiful with the bluest skies and the whitest clouds we've seen in months; hard not to look up with expectation!

    Jan in VA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.