Another Long Weekend

Old 12-29-2010, 08:16 PM

I'm so excited = I've got the next 5 days off. I took next monday off to go along with our long holiday weekend.

So, I've got to get busy in my sewing room. Lot of fabric to go thru and sort out. My own big stash along with my mother, and grandmother's stash need to be incorporated into one sewing room!

I have a feeling I'm going to have to make some donations in the near future. I'll also be listing some more of my fabric. It's mostly cottons...but I think I have some flannel too. I know one person needed some manly flannel, so I'm going to look for that over the weekend...and also I promised to donate some fleece to one of my Michigan quilter friends on the board. I promise all these will be dug out this weekend.

I hope I have time to talk to everyone on the board too!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:26 PM

Sound like a great project for your long weekend. I've been making slow progress on my sewing room. I hope to get a lot done on my 3 days off. Looking forward to your future posts
Old 12-29-2010, 08:43 PM

!!!How awesome!!! Enjoy your vacation time - I'm sorting through fabric, too this weekend - moved things from downstairs back upstairs - let's just say it's a mess right now. Love your Avatar! Made me smile :)
Old 12-29-2010, 08:44 PM

Enjoy your time off!!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:13 PM

I'm laughing so much at this comment about moving upstairs, downstairs...I've done that at least 4 times in the past 5 years. Not sure why, since I live by myself...I think I should just keep 2 sewing rooms - one of each level. Seems like as soon as I get comfortable, I want to change it again.

I'm definitely looking forward to spending the weekend helping my mother clear thru her fabric stash. She's going to give her stuff to our local senior center so they can use it to make things, but she wants me to go thru it first and take whatever I want. I told her not to show it it me because I will probably want it all...lol. Actually we agreed I would only take what I really, really needed...crossing my fingers and hope I don't fib too much on what I really really need.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Power Poster

lucky you!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:45 PM

It's been a long day, but got a lot of little things done. Time to head off to get my beauty sleep and I'll jump back into the de-stashing bright and early tomorrow morning.

Happy New Years Eve everyone...guess I didn't realize it was already past midnight!