Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: answer me this please

if you had an ad on Craigslist in fact a couple ads selling fabric and a couple sewing machines and someone namely me wrote to inquire would you answer that you had sold the items or would you just ignore it? I feel since the ad was not deleted inquires should be answered with a polite response that the item was sold. If you didn't want to respond wouldn't you remove the ad? So I wrote again saying if they didn't want to answer inquiries the polite thing to do was to remove the ad. Was I right or wrong or just being a trouble maker?

Blog Entries
    Courtesy is important in all aspects of our life. You did the right thing in trying to ascertain whether there was something for sale or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    Courtesy is important in all aspects of our life. You did the right thing in trying to ascertain whether there was something for sale or not.
    I agree here. I had previously listed items on Craigslist, and when the item sold, I removed my ad, and also continued to respond that the items had been sold if responses came before they realized the ad was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy

I have bought and sold on Craigslist. If I am selling an item, I try and contact the people who had e-mailed me regarding the items right after I had deleted the topic.

On the other hand, if I buy an item I don't like seeing it still posting as being available.

I would have done the same. Some people don't have a clue about common courtesy.

I have bought and sold on Craiglist. When I place an ad, I say, calls only, no emails. I do this because of spam emails and very insulting emails. The worst email I recieved was when I listed a classic car for sale. The person who emailed me told me, they knew I was having money problems and offered me half of my asking price. I replied with a flaming email, pulled the ad and now, if I list something, I take calls only. I do delete my posting when the item is sold, but I don't answer emails

Blog Entries
    It sounds like this is a person I wouldn't want to buy anything from. If he can't answer an e-mail, then he probably wouldn't follow through with sending the merchandise.

some people just dont care and other are just new to it and just dont know they need to take it down

chalk it up to ignorance.

This happens all the time to me. About 70% of the time I get a response and the rest of the time, people are rude.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast