Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Any ladies or gents taking Zumba Classes? >

Any ladies or gents taking Zumba Classes?

Any ladies or gents taking Zumba Classes?

Old 08-09-2011, 05:46 AM
Banned

I'm waiting for an ankle injury to heal to try it. However after trying jazzersize I bought the zumba cd for use at home. I have no coordination at all. When I say that people say you'll be fine so I decided to join jazzersize. Figured I'd pre-pay the 6 weeks no refund that way I'd kinda have to go since I already paid. After the second class the instructor said she didn't think it was my thing and gave me a refund. I think I'll be a zumba at home kinda person. Glad to know in advance it's fun.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 AM
Banned

By the way when exercising at home and trying to learn new things close your blinds. Last month I bought an xbox and the exercise program. The lady next door was hanging clothes while I was trying the tennis. Since the Xbox has no controller she didn't know what I was doing. Next thing I knew she knocked on front door and told my daughter she should probably check on me I looked in trouble. My DD and SIL are still laughing.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Zhillslady
By the way when exercising at home and trying to learn new things close your blinds. Last month I bought an xbox and the exercise program. The lady next door was hanging clothes while I was trying the tennis. Since the Xbox has no controller she didn't know what I was doing. Next thing I knew she knocked on front door and told my daughter she should probably check on me I looked in trouble. My DD and SIL are still laughing.
I have the "Just Dance" for the Wii. I double & triple check to make sure my blinds are closed for that reason. I'm such a spaz on some of those dances....
Old 08-09-2011, 06:00 AM
Banned

I miss my Wii. Lightning ate it and I decided to get the xbox kinect when I replaced it. I'm sorry I did.

Originally Posted by redkimba
I have the "Just Dance" for the Wii. I double & triple check to make sure my blinds are closed for that reason. I'm such a spaz on some of those dances....
Old 08-09-2011, 11:49 AM

I've got the DVD's of Zumba, and I LOVE them. :) I've been doing it over a year and just love love love it. I can't say enough.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:19 PM

I'm waiting for an ankle injury to heal to try it. However after trying jazzersize I bought the zumba cd for use at home. I have no coordination at all. When I say that people say you'll be fine so I decided to join jazzersize. Figured I'd pre-pay the 6 weeks no refund that way I'd kinda have to go since I already paid. After the second class the instructor said she didn't think it was my thing and gave me a refund. I think I'll be a zumba at home kinda person. Glad to know in advance it's fun.
That was funny, not about your ankle, but the 2nd class refund thing. lol, that sounds like me too! Like I said, I have to keep my eye at all times on the teacher, so I don't know if anybody else notices that I don't know what I'm doing. Also, it is fun when your friends and family are there too doing zumba.

Hope your ankle heals fast and well!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:42 PM

Which DVD did you buy? I am looking to buy some but not sure which one to get. I am a beginner, but I have been doing it by watching youtube. Would the exhilerate ones be ok for me?

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I've got the DVD's of Zumba, and I LOVE them. :) I've been doing it over a year and just love love love it. I can't say enough.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:06 PM

My daughter got certified as a Zumba instructor this past April, so I've been attending her classes...lots of fun and lots of sweat. I'm down 15 lbs. : )
Old 08-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

**To buy DVDs for at home, go to www.zumba.com. They come as a set, and have free gifts too. :)
Old 08-27-2011, 02:56 PM

Boy, am I out of touch! I thought a Zumba was one of those little round robot vacuum cleaners that moves by itself.