Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anybody else allergic to sunscreen?

Apparently, I am allergic to sunscreen. I'm not sure which chemicals yet. I have made an appointment to see my doctor. I break out in a very itchy and fiery rash. I just bought a natural sunscreen tonight called "Badger" to try out. I leave for my first summer camp on Sunday and sunscreen is a must. I sure hope it works. Does anyone else have any unfortunate experience with this sort of thing?

My son is allergic to the main screening component in sunscreen. We had to sign a waiver at day care and school saying we wouldn't sue if he developed skin cancer later in life. Over here sunscreen is mandatory on all kids outdoors.

Blog Entries
    I'm allergic to some ingredient in sunscreen. That "sunscreen smell" also makes me nausaus, too. I have used Nutregena and it seems to not break me out but it still has that "smell" but not as bad as some.

There is probably a dematologist prescription for one which would cost you a small fortune. :) You probably need at least a 40.

post when you find out what you can use.

It causes me to peal the first few times I use it. Even the sensitive face ones. Next bottle is going to be Clinque.

I'm very allergic. It is the ingredients called "parsol" or avobenzone or oxybenzone.

I generally find that baby sunscreen is the best for me as long as they don't contain those ingredient. Usually I just don't wear any because I don't want to take a chance.

For me it's the aloe that is in many of the sunscreens that I'm allergic to. I have to be careful in choosing any skin care products, as many have it as an ingredient ... and sometimes seen if only in the fine print (that I usually can't see because it is so small!)

I'm allergic to something that is in every sunscreen. I break out in a rash. Have tried them all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    For me it's the aloe that is in many of the sunscreens that I'm allergic to. I have to be careful in choosing any skin care products, as many have it as an ingredient ... and sometimes seen if only in the fine print (that I usually can't see because it is so small!)
    My daughter and I are allergic to aloe and it does make shopping a challenge. There are so many things with aloe in them (lotion, soap, sunscreen, shampoo, make up, eye makeup remover). I can usually tell immediately if I've used something I shouldn't have, it totally changes the texture of my skin, makes it feel like velcro.

another culprit in some skin creams etc. is lanolin. I am violently allergic to it and it is in so many makeups. I finally just quit wearing it.

I am allergic to a lot of perfumes and stuff found in make-ups and lotions. Haven't been allergic to sunscreen "yet", but as the other poster mentioned, I've been avoiding most of it as a general precaution.

The best sunscreen is clothing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast