Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Anybody have a use for.......

Blog Entries
    Well! Thanks everybody for all your wonderful ideas. I knew I could count on this creative group to find some great uses for bread tabs. Looks like I am going to be saving them a lot more...... Happy Quilting!!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    NO kidding, I read it and have no idea what to use them for but they make me crazy when dh leaves them on the counter. I loved the tube idea for cords.
    What a fun topic......Thanks
    "Keep Smiling, Keep shining..knowing you can always count on me....for sure.
    That what friends are for...

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    They can also be used as a guitar pick.

Quote Originally Posted by alleyoop1 View Post
    Speaking of cords, here is an old tip that amazed my family and friends. I didn't think this one up but have used it for years. I save the cardboard tube from a roll of toilet tissue and use it to store my appliance cords inside. I can write on the cardboard which appliance the cord goes with. Saves a tangled mess in the drawer. Even keep the cords neat for appliances that do not have a detachable cord.
    i also use for extension cords and xmas lights. sorry this is off topic.

They work great to keep the end of my blue painters tape from sticking to the roll. I use the painters tape for lots of different quilting techniques.

I've used then as an emergency fix-it for flip flops. Attach one underneath the flip flop where the thong goes thru the sole to help keep it from pulling thru.
    Take time to recharge your batteries. Itís hard to see where youíre going when your lights are dim. Robert H. Connelly

I use them when I am doing hand embroidery. I have the full 6 strand DMC on those little white plastic holders made for embroidery BUT once I split a strand I don't put it back on the holder, I just wind it around the bread tabs and then it's ready when you need it.

Blog Entries
    I use them for tabs on tape so it won't roll back on itself and you can not get it to come off next time.
    I am talking scotch tape and clear wrapping tapes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4