Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anybody using the Walmart Savings Catcher App? >

Anybody using the Walmart Savings Catcher App?

Anybody using the Walmart Savings Catcher App?

Old 10-12-2014, 05:51 AM

I cashed in my savings today ... $37 and some change. With it, I bought some fabric (WOO HOO!) and a roast.

I decided to cash it in regularly instead of putting it on that "Bluebird Card", or whatever it's called. It has a LOT of negative reviews, so I was a little leery of it.

Now to build my savings up again!

Speaking of which, has anyone had a receipt that seems to be stuck on "now validating receipt"? Usually they say "now comparing prices" as soon as I enter them, but this one has been "validating" for over 24 hours how. It was a stock-up grocery run from yesterday morning, and the total was just over $200, so maybe the dollar amount is causing it to be slower to get to the "comparing prices" stage. I've triple-checked to make sure I entered the TC# correctly.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by dd View Post
Just got an email. I got $3.08. Not really understanding the Blue Bird option though.
I didn't know what bluebird was either, so I researched it. I appears bluebird is a stored-value debit card -- that means you use it just like a debit card, but it is not attached to a bank account. Instead, you put money on the card and can use it just like any other debit card at any store, not just at Walmart. You can't spend more than is on the card, so you never risk being overdrawn or any of the other drawbacks of traditional debit cards.

You can put money on it in several ways. You can sign up for direct deposit of all or part of your paycheck. The absolute best part of it is that, if you put your Savings Catcher money on the bluebird card (there's a button on the Savings Catcher page that does it immediately,) you get double the Savings Catcher amount! I couldn't believe it either, but the amount you have gotten through the Savings Catcher program is MATCHED when you put it on a bluebird card. Some deal -- huh? I put about $9.00 in Savings Catcher money on the card and it became $18!! What a deal!

When I applied for the bluebird card, it came quickly -- in a week or so. I have never heard of a deal like this and I still cannot find a down side to the whole thing.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:08 PM
Power Poster

I believe that doubling of the money via bluebird ends in February.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:47 AM
Banned

2 weeks ago I went shopping and it cost me OVER $320.
My savings catcher caught $8.00+ and my bluebird card
had just came in the same day I got the notification on
how much my savings was.

My blue bird card now has $17.00+ (some change) on it.
This is going to come in handy for buying stuff for my grandbaby
due in April.