Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anybody watching The Roosevelts on PBS >

Anybody watching The Roosevelts on PBS

Anybody watching The Roosevelts on PBS

Old 09-22-2014, 08:16 AM

I enjoyed the first two but could barely stay awake the 3rd night. I'll be looking for reruns or in the Library!
Old 09-22-2014, 11:02 AM

Watched all 6 in the series. Very fascinating and a lot that I had forgotten thru the years. Yes, Eleanor was a wonderful woman especially for her time of history. All the other president's wives had nothing to say about being equal and human rights. She put a lot of "bugs" in Franklin's ear.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:02 PM

this will remain available at pbs.org for the next 6 days
Old 09-22-2014, 08:27 PM

Yes, we have been watching. Caught the first 2 or 3 but have recorded the rest and hope to find time this week to watch the rest. Finally there was something on tv to watch.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
Wonderful series! But we missed the first couple. DH and I did not know a lot that was in the series so we were very interested in the details. We even went to our friends house last night and was discussing FDR. My DH has a distant deceased relative that "rode with Teddy's Rough Riders".
I've been watching it online - search the Roosevelts pbs and you'll find it. I didn't care for history when I was in school but have come to enjoy Ken Burns' various documentaries. Very interesting family the Roosevelts.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:27 AM

I missed it but will catch it on Netflix when they issue the whole series. I am watching all of 'Breaking Bad' now.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:08 AM

I watched and recorded all 7 episodes. Lots of history and behind some of the greatest men are strong women. FDR is lucky Eleanor had so much grace and class to pull a state funeral together to honor him; even after finding out that Lucy Mercer Rutherford had been with her husband before his passing and that her daughter had helped facilitate those meetings. Another good movie to watch is 'Hyde Park on the Hudson' with Bill Murray playing FDR, Laura Linney playing Daisy.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:40 AM

...am enjoying the series too....recorded the whole thing so I can watch when I can...so far up to ep4....... Well done and so informative in many ways........know more about Teddie than ever before...thank goodness for his foresight.....and get things done attitude...wish there was more of that these days!
Old 09-23-2014, 08:22 AM

Have watched the first two and like so many, have really learned a lot. Ken Burns finds the little interesting tidbits that school history never taught us....I'm enjoying this series emmensely, but will probably relegate it to weekend watching since I'm now into a lot of the new "Pilot" programming. I've found if I don't watch the first in a series that I'm lost if I decide to keep watching it....and it generally takes me two or three episodes for me to decide if I like it or not......I have the Roosevelt series recorded so I can watch it at my leisure. With each episode lasting two hours, it does take a while.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:58 AM

Totally agree! What a great show. To bad they don't teach history in school..