Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone else sick or hurt from Christmas? >

Anyone else sick or hurt from Christmas?

Anyone else sick or hurt from Christmas?

Old 12-31-2010, 08:30 AM

I totaled my car on Monday. My knees are getting better by the day, but the pain in one lung isn't, so I have a Christmas season to remember. My 12 year old granddaughter came to take care of the dogs and me and had a developing staph infection. Her parents came yesterday, took her to get it lanced and took her home. I spent hours Lysoling and bleaching everything and washing all that could be washed. I think that plan backfired. Poor little girl.

I did make it to my lqs's only sale of the year. I plan on visiting fabric.com's online sale today to collect some batiks before I start a fabric moratorium tomorrow. That's my exercise for today. Only my fingers and my checkbook will get a workout.

As far as fitness shoes go, some are more stable than others. I love my Avias, but I wore them inside several days before I ventured out.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:40 AM

I got a pair of East Spirit shape up shoes and wear them every day.
Never got any sore muscles from them.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by trueimage
haha...sounds like you'll be getting into shape with the Wii.....more quilting endurance!!!!
Yeah, that's it, building quilting endurance with the Wii. You think they might come up with a specialized game for that? Practice cutting with the rotary cutter, speed threading of machines, FM quilting, etc.

hmmm, actually that might be rather fun....
I will buy a Wii if you come up with this game :D:D:D
Old 12-31-2010, 04:44 PM

DD received a Wii along with several games for Christmas. I've spent so many hours trying to beat her at bowling, skill ball, ping cup, frisbee golf, miniature golf, horseshoes and wakeboarding that I can barely lift my arms today. My right arm is really hurting and my left one isn't far behind. Canoeing has killed both of them. The other games just mutilated the muscles and joints in the right one. This old lady should have known better than to try to outlast an 11 yr old kid. So, is anyone else suffering from Christmas fun?
lol same here. My DS got a wii and we played tennis and swordplay all xmas day (I liked bowling but he wouldn't play it because I kept beating him :lol: ). Needless to say we were a bit sore for a while but it was fun. I'll have to learn to play left handed or I'll end up with a nicely toned right arm and a wimpy left arm :lol:
Old 12-31-2010, 04:48 PM

LMAO, Wii can certainly give you a run for your money. As a matter of fact since we're staying home tonight for new years, you've inspired me... maybe i'll force my husband to go virtual clubbing with me in our living room, LOL - I have that game "Just Dance" and it's lively and fun. Dance to that all night and you'll definetly be sore in the AM. Maybe we'll do Karaoke too since I have all the "Lips" series for XBOX. Hey - It good clean fun! No worries about the drunkards outside killing us in a car...

Please have a safe holiday this evening and enjoy your New Year's Eve celebrations! Much happiness and prosperity for 2011!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 12-31-2010, 05:10 PM
BMP

Originally Posted by mommamac
Originally Posted by Jill
. I slept in the recliner last night to let DH get some freedom from my non-stop coughing,
Rub the bottoms of your feet with Vicks Vapor Rub & put on socks when you go to bed - I heard this will stop the coughing. :)
THIS IS TRUE !!!
Old 12-31-2010, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
LOL, sounds like you found a FUN way to get hurt though!
I got a pair of those new shape up shoes for Christmas, I really wanted a pair, but I am wonderingif its going to really hurt my legs to wear them all day at work....I want the shape up, lol, but not sore muscles!
LOL I tried a pair of those on in the store and didn't even get fully upright before falling! Too much counter weight in the rear I guess.

And yes, KateyB, us 'seniors' are just loving it---all the way to the BenGay shelf.
LOL!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:32 PM

how funny