Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone have or know about a Saatva Mattress? >

Anyone have or know about a Saatva Mattress?

Anyone have or know about a Saatva Mattress?

Old 02-03-2015, 10:16 AM

Default Anyone have or know about a Saatva Mattress?

Problems with my back and bed are getting worse and worse and I badly need to get a new one. Have researched but not seen several, e.g. sleep number etc., and found this brand online. Sounds very good but is sold only online so can't try it. Wondered if anyone has or has had one or knows someone who has?

http://www.saatvamattress.com
Old 02-03-2015, 10:27 AM

I think I would want to see/feel/try out a mattress before purchasing.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:35 AM

I've had continuing back problems for almost 30 years now. I've looked long and hard at the Sleep Number beds, and my friend has one and loves it, but I'm really hesitant after reading so many negative comments about them. You might want to Google "Sleep Number discussions" and see what people say. I love the feel of the Temperpedic beds, but they tend to run very hot, I've read (also very expensive). So, I ended up buying the cheapest Sealy Posturepedic - has all the coils but no padding - and putting a 3 inch memory foam topper on it. That has worked best for me for the last 6 or 8 years. It's still not perfect as the memory foam IS hot, but you can get the toppers with a gel layer now and they are supposed to be cooler.

I wouldn't buy any mattress I couldn't try first. Good luck!
Old 02-03-2015, 11:20 AM

Well we have a temperpedic knock off with the cooling gel and it still gets hot. I too had seen this one online but couldn't find anyone who had or knew someone with it. Didn't think to ask here - DUH. So thanks for posting - will be watching
Old 02-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

here's a good review that doesn't sound like it was done by someone affiliated with the company
http://www.mattressreviewguru.com/reviews/saatva/
Old 02-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Power Poster

I have a regular firm mattress with a foam pad on top to cushion my joints. With all the padding I have elsewhere, why don't I have any fat to cushion my shoulder joints?
Old 02-04-2015, 05:35 AM

I bought a memory foam topper a few years ago and really like it. I had/have some pressure points that were always making me wake up from the pain. The topper did the trick for me.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:25 AM

I have a temperpedic bed. King size 3 yrs. ago cost us $3500, including the box springs.
Wish we had gotten it sooner. Didn't realize our other bed was almost 20 yrs. old, but
we would turn it every month or 2, and it sure held up. As far as testing a mattress in
the store I don't think you can lay there long enough. Most co.will let you try it at home
for at least month.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:23 AM

It sounds nice, but read the return policy. The price is only for the mattress, no box springs. We have a european sleep works bed, no box springs. The base is wooden slats that are adjusted, my side for my weight and height and hubby side for his body. There is no foam, no memory foam, no smelly foam at all. It has little coils and wool and is the most comfortable bed we've ever owned. My hubby has a really bad back and he sleeps like a baby on this bed. Google european mattress, european sleep works, european sleep designs and european slat beds, lots of stuff will pop up.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:15 AM

Some years back people were raving about the water beds and how they helped their backs. Now, there are so many brands out there. We have a temperpedic and it does retain heat but I love it as I'm always cold. We turn it every time we make the bed as it tends to mold to the body and I feel sometimes like I sleep in the same spot all the time. I believe I read we should change matresses every 10 years but we don't seem to be that rough on them as they last longer.