Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 21 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Have a Vegtable garden?

Hows your garden doing this year? We seem to be having the perfect weather here, and everything is growing well, especially the weeds! Cant wait for cucumbers!!!!!!!!!

We have a garden in pots and Topsy Turvy. Everything is doing great. We have Squash, cucumbers and tomatoes. We have a really small yard. But we really have a great garden. The topsy Turvy Squash and 2 tomato plants are going nuts.

Blog Entries
    gave up feeding the deer LOL

I have 12 tomatoes :D and onions :D does that count as a veggie garden?

I do, I have a small space but have crammed about 12 tomato plants, 4 different kinds, 12 bush bean plants, 1 jalapeno and 2 Anaheim chilis, 6 different kinds of bell peppers, 4 zucchini plants, about 36 silver queen sweet corn and an assortment of basil and cilantro, oh and in some pots I put some chives and green onions and more basil and cilantro. Also some Rosemary, 2 kinds of Oregano and some Thyme
    I hope I get a good harvest, it will get quite crowded in there

Blog Entries
    i have cukes,2 tomato plants,1 strawberry (for the grandson).
    i also am trying herbs for the first time, cilantro,sage,garlic chives.oregano. everything is doing great!

I have one. It's about 200 square meters and we have a small back yard wich is 16 meters by 6 meters. in that one there are no vegtables.

My bil gave me 2 tomato plants.They are finally planted and growing. That's my garden.lol

Banned
    dreaming of a simple life. Living off the grid!
    I do if you want to all it that. I do container gardening on my deck. I have 1/4 acrea of property but no one to help me with a REAL garden so I do the best I can by myself. Last week I harvested a crop of spinach and a few green onions. There are 6 different tomato plants, Besides red tomatoes and cherry I like heirloom yellow both large and cherry. Most of the tomato plants have flowers. I planted 3 different kinds of peppers, beets, squash, eggplant and romaine. For some reason the romain didn't sprout, last year I has so much I didn't know what to do with it all. I always have herbs growing, in doors all winter then a big pot all summer.
    My entire back yard has wild strawberries, too bad I am allergic or I would pick them to make jam. This year I was shocked to find 6 canes of blackberries growing next to the stairs of my deck, how they got there I don't know. In NY I had a HUGE garden and blackberries. The blackberries multiply fast so in a few years I should have a really nice blackberry patch. I LOOOOOOOOOVE to make blackberry jam so I am excited about them. Now if I had chickens for fresh eggs I would be as happy as a pig in a poke.

I gave up on gardens. I have a brown thumb. Sigh.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 11 ... LastLast