Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone having trouble getting their netscape emails? >

Anyone having trouble getting their netscape emails?

Anyone having trouble getting their netscape emails?

Old 01-20-2010, 08:04 AM

DH has a netscape email that he can't get into, seems it's AOL which is changing their whole set up. All he wants to do is retreive some of his emails and open an email account somewhere else.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:51 AM

Sorry, I can't help you :( I hope someone else can.
I forgot netscape even existed, lol!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:03 PM

http://help.isp.netscape.com/Netscap...ntral.do?id=m1

They have a live chat help there. I have aol and find if I open a different browser, like google chrome or IE8, that I can work around the AOL issues. I think AOL wants to get away from us po folks with dial-up. More and more of their content, like the welcome screen, cannot be fully accessed with mere 56k.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:06 PM

don't be too sure of that, moonpi. i have verizon and they change the format every day, it seems like. hotmail, too. they're all so competitive, they can't sit still. and they keep asking me if i'm me.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:54 AM

Found out why DH couldn't get into his Netscape email, we had a Trojan virus. DH tried to open his Netscape email last week but couldn't because there was an AOL request to update his Netscape info. Seems Netscape is part of AOL but we don't have AOL, never did. He was asked for his credit card number and pin number for his bank card - all NO NO's to give out. No way could we bypass this notice. I scanned computer, sent Trojan virus to the vault but it didn't do any good, the damage was already done. Computer had to go to shop as it kept freezing up and making a buzzing sound.

Computer shop said the AOL notice was the virus. They saved all our documents, favorites, etc. but they are in a big file so it will take me a little time to gather my Favorite sites to where it's convenient for me to find and use them. Now to catch up on emails and other on line site. May

PS. I'm also getting tired of signing in for my Hotmail and Yahoo emails. What's with them? I used to be able to stayed signed in until I did some clearing out of temporay files, etc.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:40 AM

may, i used to able to get to hotmail through msn only by signing, but no more. what i did was this: i made a shortcut on my taskbar named news. i listed some news organizations, like NY Times, NBC, etc. among those is MSN. i click on msn and hotmail comes up automatically. don't ask why.