Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone here have Sjogren's or Lupus? >

Anyone here have Sjogren's or Lupus?

Anyone here have Sjogren's or Lupus?

Old 11-30-2010, 05:10 PM

I was recently diagnosed with Sjogren's syndrome.
I'm taking Plaquanil and it does help the pains in my joints (although it doesn't completely go away) but my anxiety is through the roof, my memory is non-existant, and I think my seizures, that were considered idiopathic back in the 70s, have begun again. Is this normal?
On the lesser side the sensations in my fingertips seems to be diminished. Not numb or tingly, just diminished. As well as less strength in my hands. I'm having trouble opening jars, and I live alone.
What symptoms have you been having?
Old 11-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Google Goddess

take care of yourself,hugs hugs
Old 11-30-2010, 05:33 PM

Take care, praying for you.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:42 PM

my mother had it - drs didn't know anything about it then - niece researched her symptoms, then Mom went to another doc and concluded it was Sjogrens
Old 11-30-2010, 05:58 PM

My mother in law has it. I don't recall memory loss because of it, (though she is struggling a lot with that right now)
She has not had seizures. She is on an anxiety med but we're not sure why.
I guess I am not a whole lot of help here am I?
Old 11-30-2010, 06:52 PM

Hi Nadine I have Lupus Diagnosed when I was 31 Years I am now 64 I have good days and Bad days my hands are not as strong as they use to be my arms hurt and my legs hurt all the time and I stay cold all the time. some days I don't want to even get out of bed But i am going to just hang in there and do the best i can and Pray alot. take of Yourself. I will Keep you In My Prayers
Old 11-30-2010, 07:43 PM

I have Lupus - diagnosed when I was 37, but probably dates back to when I was 16. My symptoms are very much like the previous poster's. Are you sure the brain fog isn't from the meds?
Old 11-30-2010, 07:44 PM

I have Sjogren's, Rheumatoid Arthritus, Lupus and Osteo Arthritus too. I quit the plaquinil a while back because it was making me so despondent and lethargic. It did help with dry eyes, but other than that it didn't do much for me.

Sjogren's can cause a lot of issues besides just dry eyes.
Brain fog and memory issues, as well as anxiety go hand in hand with these auto immune conditions.

My legs and feet are killing me today, and I have trouble with my fingers locking up. OPening jars is getting harder to do and I drop so many things. Go to pick them up and drop them again.... Lately I've been such a clutz. I've cut myself on a sharp butcher knife, burned my hand on steam, dropped my rowenta iron on my foot, (luckily it was not on at the time)...

As far as opening jars, if I just can't get one open, I ask hubby. Since you live alone, you might try running hot water over the top of the jar, dry off and then try opening it. Also there are those thing a ma jigs that are called jar openers that are supposed to work. My mom uses mine, but I can't seem to get the hang of it.

Hang in there, you are not alone. PM me anytime if you just need someone to visit with.

Hugs...
Old 11-30-2010, 09:58 PM

Hi Irishrose you are so right, when i was 16, 17, I always felt sick when i stayed in the Sun To Long. When I Got Married in !966 I told My Husband i felt Sick all the time,after my daughter was born it got worse and I found a Doctor to tell me what was wrong with me. Because i thought i was Lossing my mind But you Learn to live with it the one thing I have learned to not let anything Stress Me out,it will Make you have Flarups.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:47 AM

God bless you!

I was diagnosed with Sjogren's about 5 years ago. Realized then that I had it 20 years ago. I have dry mouth and eyes. Use eye drops and Oasis mouth wash. I have aches -back, legs, feet and hands. I also have osteoarthritis so contributed the pain to that. I'm on no pain meds see an acupuncture doctor and my sciatica is relieved. Guess I'm pretty lucky. I surely wish you well, sounds like you are suffering.