anyone here hooked on WEN?

Old 07-06-2015, 08:59 AM

I have baby-fine hair and oily skin/scalp. Not a great combination... I have been using the WEN kids brand for about 2 weeks now and my hair has never felt better. I heard that with fine or thin hair that the adult product could be too thick or heavy, but I figured that if I have baby-fine hair, then I should probably try the children's product. My hair does seem to stay cleaner longer, without turning into the grease mop by the end of the day that is usually does.

It's nice, but very expensive. Not sure I will get it again unless I can find it for cheaper. I had to try it though...
Old 07-06-2015, 10:16 AM
Power Poster

Also coming from a former hairdresser. Not sure what your natural outgrowth/roots color is, but depending on the percentage of gray you should be able to use a 10 volume or semi with low volume peroxide to just deposit. The hair will only absorb so much color. Any amount of peroxide volume more intense only damages the hair shaft and that is what is giving you problems. Also just do your new growth/roots. You can condition the ends while coloring at the same time. Just take care not to get conditioner on the new growth. I have seen and been around those who use the Wen product. Can't stand the odor. Another thing, you don't need a lot of shampoo. If you just put a dime size dollop in the palm of your hands then work it through your scalp and not so much the ends with the tip of your fingers that's all you need do. Your water makes a difference also
Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I don't understand.....why a non foaming shampoo? How often do you wash your hair...or maybe, if you color your hair it is over processed, maybe it is dry from lack of natural oils....just thinking out loud here......have you tried an oil treatment - about an hour before shampooing rub in some coconut oil......my old profession of hair dresser is peaking out here.....I always message my scalp vigorously before shampooing...just to stimulate blood flow and natural oils....but I don't shampoo my hair daily.....every third day...other days I cover with one of those old fashioned shower caps before bathing....don't know what WEN is...will have to check it out.....