Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone out there doing Zentangle?

It used to be called "doodling" when I first started it. Tons of people do it in thread. There were some lovely ones posted on this board a while back. I think the member came from Hungary.

Quote Originally Posted by drgranny View Post
    Attachment 376458a doll I made with zentangle.
    I really like the individual approach you have taken to this concept.

I call it doodling. I've done it all my life, never really thought of it as art. Next time I will do it a nice piece pf paper.

I used to love to Doodle. I am headed off to Zentangle to check it out. However, my doodling never looked like yours looks. Gorgeous.

I love tangling! Took two classes with Pat Ferguson at this year's MQX, one for drawing and another for sewing. Awesome classes, great teacher. Love my new hobby. I think I have every Zentangle book around, plus a whole box full of supplies. drgranny, your doll is awesome!

Is there a particular book that you use or would recommend for a new Zen? In looking at their website it would seem the pens are common to most stores.....but water paper do you use? Sorry for so many questions.

I also have been Zentangling for about a year. Even sent my oldest DGS( at college )a set-up of all he needs to Tangle too. Told him I was tired of hearing he is bored ! Told him to think of his DGirlfriend and he should come up with beautiful ones to send her. I 'm just about brave enough to try it with fabric and machine.
    Take a deep breath, Give it to God, and smilingly carry-on ! I pray for peace in your life and mine. Sara

Quote Originally Posted by nyelphaba View Post
    I just discovered this over the weekend. The one you made is terrific. I was looking at a website www.Tanglepatterns.com. I would like to try it.
    I took a class in this at Houston Festival and fell in love with them. Thank you for the site. I just enrolled in it and contributed so I can get the books!

I started doing it in the beginning of summer on bigger flat rocks which I sprayed with a sealer and put outside in my cactus rock garden. They look so neat and unique. Love it.

I just picked up a book, caligraphy pen and paint at the Houston QF. Anxious to try it.
    Ellen
    "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when I can see footprints on the moon..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2