Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Anyone from PA?

SIL is interviewing for job in Bethlehem,PA at LU Arts Center and I was wondering how the local economy is,home prices,schools, etc. Any replies or links will be appreciated.We will probably not be able to relocated ($ and age) with them - DD and GSons. 10 yrs. ago she asked us to move to NH from NJ so her kids would see grandparents more than once a year....very sad, but that is life.

I babysit my 2 grandsons 3 days a week and sometimes I would like to have some time off and I grumble about being tired. Either too much or too little time together is not the best. I have 3 step-grandsons in Ga. and we sometimes go 2 years without seeing them.

Your Avatar does not indicate where you are. I'm assuming NH. I'm in southeast PA north of Philadelphia. Bethlehem, I would assume is in a bit more depressed area as I believe it was a steel mill town. I could be wrong as I'm assuming at the moment. PA does have lower sales & real estate taxes than NJ. Have you done a Google search for Bethlehem?

They just went down today for the interview. We lived in Bethlehem in 1992-1993 and I worked in Levine's fabric store in Allentown. I thought I heard recently that a "green jobs place" (made solar collection panels I think) just laid everyone off. Apparently the arts center is very well funded and connected to LU. One of my biggest worries is they just moved into a newer home 6 mos. ago and unless banks have changed ,they used to fine you if you paid off mortg. in less than 5 years. I am still praying he finds a job somewhat local. The only other job prospect is in southern FL. Because he worked for a non-profit (church)and didn't put anything into SS he is not eligible for unemployment. Will do a google ....thanks

Found this about Bethlehem

Unemployment is pretty high

http://www.bestplaces.net/economy/ci...ania/bethlehem

Thanks for the link...it is a great help. I will forward it to them when they come home.