Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone remember the junk bowl?

My little grandson loves me to tell him about the old days and I keep thinking I've told him everything but next time I'll have to tell him about the junk bowl.

I love most of my memories of the good old days. I was born in 47 and life was still very simple back then. What I remember every household having was a junk bowl. Now of course we have junk drawers and bins and rooms and sometimes garages. Well I don't know about everyone but I do.

Anyway in our junk bowl we had just little misc items like rubber bands and a pencil, maybe a pen. We would have a stick of gum or two and a book of matches. There might be a pair of scissors and scotch tape if we were lucky but in general, those were always lost somewhere in the house because someone forgot to put them back in the bowl.

I grew up in a home that would be considered very minimalist, I'm sure there were junk bowls that had lots more in them but I kind of liked the fact that there was no clutter. Clutter belonged in the junk bowl. Can you imagine just a bowl full of clutter in the whole house?

I've got so much clutter and Stuff I can hardly stand it anymore.

I do that with baskets.

LOL... those are found here... Drawers, tins, etc. etc. some are organized tho, with labels :)
    What's that called organized clutter, ;) ( do those words belong together ? ) Hummm :)

Blog Entries
    wow to only have one clutter bowl. I think I have a couple in every room.

Blog Entries
    Mom's kitchen had two tiny junk drawers. They were FULL of all kinds of things. Lots of little things. And every Christmas some little grandchild would pull one all the way out! Good times.

Ours was wooden and worn with a big split down the side...I remember alot from the "old days". I was born in '57. That was before mascara came in tubes. My Dad use to fix the TV all by himself with a mirror on the floor and pliers and those cool looking tubes. LOLOL!!!!!!!

That's when the drawer would get cleaned out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novice.for.now
    Mom's kitchen had two tiny junk drawers. They were FULL of all kinds of things. Lots of little things. And every Christmas some little grandchild would pull one all the way out! Good times.

Blog Entries
    I have one drawer.

Blog Entries
    I wish all my junk would fit in a bowl! :D

Oh the memories. We had a junk bowl on top of the fridge. It was also wooden and loaded up. If you needed it, it was in there.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast