Anyone travel alone?

Old 08-04-2013, 04:45 PM

Default Anyone travel alone?

I hope I put this in the right place. I like to travel. I had a travel partner for many years but in the past few years her health has gotten worse and she couldn't travel. She died July 13th of this year and I will miss her dearly. Like I said, I love to travel. But, there is that extra charge that I have to pay to travel alone. I am traveling to Nova Scotia in another week and I had to pay $750 extra because I am traveling alone. My question is, is there someone out there that likes to travel but also has to travel alone? I would be more than happy to communicate with anyone/someone and see if we might be interested in traveling together. I am in upstate New York and my friend that I traveled with lived in Oregon, which (I guess) means that location shouldn't be a problem. Let me know. Marilyn
Old 08-04-2013, 06:00 PM

Hope you find a travel buddy! Would love to travel but have other commitments at the moment.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:16 AM
Z

There is a website vacations.com that has information on singles rates for cruises as well a other trave.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:32 AM

hi marilyn, i too enjoy traveling and would like to have someone to share with. i live in southeast ga. i am interested in traveling. am
Old 08-05-2013, 04:04 AM

Best wishes on finding a travel partner from me. My older sister who was intelligent enough to divorce her mean, cheating husband about 10 years ago, retired and was traveling with a friend from her church women's group. Unfortunately her travel mate is suffering from some problems and not longer travels. My sister stuck with the hunt and found another retired teacher to travel with which is wonderful for both her and her new friend.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:15 AM

Good luck. Terrible that you're penalized just because you travel alone
Old 08-05-2013, 05:00 AM

I hope you find the right person! My travel partner was diagnosed with ALS in December 2011. Up until the ALS took her mobility, we would jump into the car and go at the drop of the hat. I miss that - as she does - she was always ready to go! I haven't found anyone else to travel with yet - somehow it seems disloyal. I don't know how long it will take me to feel differently.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:36 AM

As someone who was widowed 15 months ago and loves to travel - the surcharge is ridiculous. Check out Grand Circle Tours - if booked far enough in advance, they don't add a surcharge. They allow up to 4 "single" rooms on the trip - but you have to book at least a year in advance. If the 4 single rooms are booked they try to pair you up with someone.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

DH doesn't like to travel so I never waited for him or anyone else or I'd never get to go. I travel all over the US alone. I like driving west but I always fly going east. I haven't been able to travel at all this past year, I want to keep my grandson during the day until he's old enough for preschool. He's worth giving up the wonderlust for awhile. LOL. My traveling now is day trips to the zoo and park. Have you tried tour groups? Many of my friends go with tour groups and have a great time.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:58 AM
Power Poster

Why should it cost more to travel alone? I don't get it! Is it because of notifying next of kin? I mean as long as I'm takingcare of myself and don't need any assistance. $750.00 OMG!!!!! Or is that because of a bogo thing.? But I don't travel much so OhWell! Hope you find someone quickly! Just won't be me

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-09-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: language