Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone use Virgin Mobil for Cell Service? >

Anyone use Virgin Mobil for Cell Service?

Anyone use Virgin Mobil for Cell Service?

Old 09-12-2011, 02:59 PM

Trying to find a new cell service and since I don't know anyone with this one thought I would ask you.

Do you like Virgin Mobil and if you don't why not?
Old 09-12-2011, 03:00 PM

You know, when our contract is up we're considering it. The head honcho of that outfit is a genius. In so many ways.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:23 PM

I have used VM prepaid plan for 4 years......it suits my needs!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:31 PM

I love it. My husband and I have a cell phone each and we swear by them. No contracts they just require us to add $15.00 every three months. I'm not sure if they offer that anymore it might be $20.00 now but when we signed up that's the deal we got and it has remained that way. The minutes I have I could probably talk for hours. We only use it to call each other for the most part or if I'm out shopping I might call my DIL to ask what size the grandsons are if I want to get them something. We pay 18 cents a minute.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:55 PM

Wondering about the text and web on them too.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:27 PM

I finally got Virgin Mobile after having T-Mobile for 4 yrs. $25 a month and I have unlimited texting,web and 300 minutes. Both my kids have(18 and 21) V.M. too--they got their phones when they were able to pay for what they wanted. My daughter has a Droid type phone with all bells and whistles and pays $35(I think)a month.I think it's a good deal.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:31 PM

My Virgin required me to buy $20 every month. I've gone over to Verizon which requires me to buy $15 every month--I don't really use it that much.

I found Virgin kind of annoying. Their "help" seems to be oriented to younger people--like if you call to "top up" or have a question. Their phone trees were especially annoying IMO.

I'm not a texter so it might be a good choice.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:32 PM

I have a tracfone with triple minutes for life of the phone, one year of service and 1200 minutes and I think I paid around 130.00 for the phone and everything. Yes it is a smart phone.
You can get triple minutes through HSN and somtimes ebay.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:40 PM

I have VM. Not real impressed with my phone but the service for the most part works for what I need. I have unlimited everything for $60. Their service is horrible but as long as you don't need any help your OK. I'm going to get a new phone and hopefully that will be better.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Power Poster

We had VM prepaid for quite a few years. It was one of only two or three services that actually worked in our rural area. Their best phones are reserved for contract customers. I usually bought one of their top-of-the-line prepaid phones, but they tend not to have all of the most recent features and never did last us all that long. Had to replace quite a few.

Over the years the quality of both phones and service seemed to go downhill for us. For example, my dd would call me and my phone wouldn't ring. We started missing more and more calls for similar reasons. Also text messages started getting delayed, sometimes for half a day.

If you need help with your VM service, forget it. They have particularly annoying canned voices answer you, and it can be very difficult figuring out how to talk to someone about a problem.

We finally switched to a T-mobile subscription plan. Costs more, but the service is much more reliable for us. Now my dd's T-mobile phone is acting up, though.