Anyone use Windows phones?

Old 11-17-2014, 04:01 PM

Default Anyone use Windows phones?

Anyone on here use Windows smartphone? How do you like it? Some friends got them and seem happy with them. I find Windows 8 to be difficult on the computer and I was wondering if anyone has experience with the phones since I am shopping for a new phone.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:09 PM

Nope, sorry. I got an iPhone last year and I hate it....guess I need a Jitterbug!
Old 11-17-2014, 08:13 PM

I have one and wouldnt buy another! I had Android phones before this one ,thought I needed "Cortana " so got the HTC One windows phone. I get notices of missed calls and voice mail and the phone never rang.If you want to get frustrated with your cell this phone will definitelydo the trick! And I have 21 more months with this phone!
Old 11-19-2014, 06:43 AM

I just replace my TMobil windows phone. I did like the windows part of the phone, but had trouble with the carrier. My service degraded real bad where I live. It did improve but not enough to keep the carrier. I would get another if I found the phone that I liked, but ended up with a Android phone from the new carrier that works great. No dropped calls, static calls and really great reception.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:49 AM

My coworker has one and he likes it, but there are very few apps available for it. I played with it a little and it's "OK" but I didn't see anything that seemed any better than what's on my Android, and since the app selection is so small it was missing a lot of things I'm used to having. I don't know if all the phones are like his, but his is also HUGE. I tease him by calling it a "TV". It's nearly the size of a small tablet. That would not work for me.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:26 AM

I have had an iPhone for the last 4 years and love it. Just ordered a new iPhone 6. My husband has an Android and he likes that. I use a lot of apps on my phone so if a system doesn't have a lot of apps it is not for me. Sometimes I even use my phone for phone calls! I would say my phone usage is about 90% apps and 10% calls. It is my calendar, e-mail, facebook, Google, take notes, camera, picture storage, alarm clock, clock etc. I should be called iEverything
Old 11-19-2014, 07:44 AM

I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 active and love it. This is my second from Samsung. Had an IPhone 5 in between and was not really pleased with it.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter View Post
I have had an iPhone for the last 4 years and love it. Just ordered a new iPhone 6. My husband has an Android and he likes that. I use a lot of apps on my phone so if a system doesn't have a lot of apps it is not for me. Sometimes I even use my phone for phone calls! I would say my phone usage is about 90% apps and 10% calls. It is my calendar, e-mail, facebook, Google, take notes, camera, picture storage, alarm clock, clock etc. I should be called iEverything
I agree, nothing better than an iPhone.

But I didn't want to pay that much for it so looking at Windows and android.

Friends just got Windows phone and are very happy with it but I'm still a little skeptical even though they researched it.

What apps are missing on Windows phones? Anyone know?
Old 11-19-2014, 10:08 AM

I've had droids and loved them. Now I have the I-Phone, it's got a learning curve. But I have found I've warmed up to it, a little sad that you're unable to get ALL of the support that Microsoft should be giving you but are not. I have found that other I-Phone users are great about helping you learn the ropes. Like I said you have a learning curve, being you will want to "TAP" and you need to learn to "SLIDE". With all that being said it will be up to you, are you up for a learning experience or are you happy with what you have? Good luck
Old 11-19-2014, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bubbie View Post
I've had droids and loved them. Now I have the I-Phone, it's got a learning curve. But I have found I've warmed up to it, a little sad that you're unable to get ALL of the support that Microsoft should be giving you but are not. I have found that other I-Phone users are great about helping you learn the ropes. Like I said you have a learning curve, being you will want to "TAP" and you need to learn to "SLIDE". With all that being said it will be up to you, are you up for a learning experience or are you happy with what you have? Good luck
Thanks for responding but I was asking about Windows phones. I know how to use iPhone. It's very easy.