Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone watch the closing episode of The Closer? >

Anyone watch the closing episode of The Closer?

Anyone watch the closing episode of The Closer?

Old 08-14-2012, 05:52 AM

Default Anyone watch the closing episode of The Closer?

Wasn't too exciting but it tied up most of the loose ends and put everyone in their new places, a subdued Brenda and Sgt. Gaberial(sp?) in the DA's office, her DH and the rest of the gang in Major Crimes. Knew one of her parents were going to die but it was sad that the Mom did as she was charming while the Father is a real pain (too much like real life, LOL). Wonder if the new Major Crimes show will keep our interest like The Closer did? Did try to watch the opening episode but fell asleep during the early commericals and when I woke up I couldn't follow the story line, hope they have the same writers as The Closer or it will go downhill like the spinoff Law and Order shows.

Last edited by May in Jersey; 08-14-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:11 AM

I watched it and kept waiting to get all into it. I couldn't follow some of the story. It was sad to see her Mom die when I thought it would be her dad. I can't figure out why she goes back to Atlanta(supposedly) when she brought her dad to LA for his treatment? If Fritz stays on in Major Crimes, it will be sad for Brenda not to be on there unless being in the DA's office they will have her in some of the episodes. I hate it when they try to do a spin off when it is the chemistry between the existing characters that makes the show a hit. I did guess what the gang was going to give her as a going away gift because she ruined her tote shooting that guy. That is one of the items that can be bought on The Closer gift site. I guess time will tell but I wasn't impressed with the opening show of Major Crimes. Too much going on plus the inner struggle with the characters.

Last edited by Nanamoms; 08-14-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:57 AM

I think she was going back to Atlanta to be with her father after all the rest of the family left.

The Closer lasted longer much longer than expected, I remember Seinfield's dumb ending. Coming to a good ending was difficult, at least she got the guy (the rapist) she wanted in the end.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

but did she get the guy into jail for life? I know she caught him but I didn't see anything more on that.
Frances Sternhagen (I think) played her Mom and is a lovely actress. I will miss seeing her. Glad the older detective gets a stronger part in the new show. Can't stand Mary's part. her mouth and glasses drive me nuts. it took me long enough to get used to Kyra Sedgewick's mouth as it was. oh well.
they showed the new show and the ending of the old one twice last night.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:46 AM

I hated to see the Closer end, really enjoyed it. Major Crimes was (for me) pretty good. They are doing things a little different and I believe giving some of the other actors a bigger part to play in the goings on. I think it will only get better & better. But I could be wrong, hope not.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:57 AM

Default The mouths

[QUOTE=nativetexan;5440305]but did she get the guy into jail for life? I know she caught him but I didn't see anything more on that.
Frances Sternhagen (I think) played her Mom and is a lovely actress. I will miss seeing her. Glad the older detective gets a stronger part in the new show. Can't stand Mary's part. her mouth and glasses drive me nuts. it took me long enough to get used to Kyra Sedgewick's mouth as it was. oh well.
they showed the new show and the ending of tD
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a "mouth" problem. Do you think casting went out looking for women with strange mouths?
Old 08-15-2012, 06:01 AM

I really like the show but missed the one about her mom dying, knew her dad was having chemo. Watched finale. In 'Major Crimes' I was surprised Fritz was still there & soooo happy to see older actor getting more promoted roles. Don't like the new actress as Chief. Did old detective with gray hair get promoted? Looked like in 'Major Crimes" he did for a week or so? I really like detective/mystery shows. Loved Monk, even old Sherlock Holmes (don't care for the new). Periquot & English detective show on PBS (can't recall name).
Old 08-15-2012, 06:11 AM

Loved Kyra and The Closer. I can't stand Mary. She talks like she has marbles in in mouth and has that same timid, dumb demeanor as the part she played in Dances with Wolves. She may have an academy award, that doesn't mean you are a great actor. I think she is a very weak actress. Maybe she can work on her mumbling. She is not believeable in this role. Love the rest of the Major Crimes actors.
D in TX
Old 08-15-2012, 07:19 AM

[QUOTE=barbpowers;5441743]
Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
but did she get the guy into jail for life? I know she caught him but I didn't see anything more on that.
they showed the new show and the ending of tD
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a "mouth" problem. Do you think casting went out looking for women with strange mouths?
Her mouth drives me crazy too! Not sure I liked "Mary" at the beginning of Major Crimes" but towards the end she did show a softer side. My BF LOVES this show! He travels alot so when he is home it is a marathon on Closer - drives me nuts sometimes!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:44 AM

I watched everything, and can't say I'm going to be as loyal to Major Crimes as I was to The Closer. Watched the first episode of Major Crimes, and the jury is still out. Will have to watch a couple more episodes to see if I want to continue.