Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Attention crocheters

If anyone is interested - a nice lady who runs an organization called Warming Families, is collecting crocheted granny squares. Any color or combination of colors. Her currect project is putting them together into lapghans for Fischer Houses for wounded veterans. If you have the time, a complete lapghan would be most welcomed, but if not a few squares would be appreciated and put to good use. Or maybe you have some yarn you want to donate. She is also collecting prayer cloths (provides a simple crochet pattern) for troops. I've sent off a box of squares and prayer cloths and will be working on my next box. Thought some of you might like to join me! Her website is http://warmingfamilies.webs.com/ .

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Ooooh. I have yarn to donate and can send granny sqaures too. I was given a box of grannie squares someone's mom did not finish. Thank you for the website. So glad to find a new home and a worthy place . I love our soldiers.

Oh that's wonderful!

Blog Entries
    awesome, thanks for the link

Thanks for the link, I have some yarn, too!

Blog Entries
    Oh that sounds great I have a whole ton of granny squares that I could donate, plus afgans that I've dragged from place to place. No one wants them here they tell me too old fashion.