Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Attetion Austrailian Quilters >

Attetion Austrailian Quilters

Attetion Austrailian Quilters

Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 AM

Hi, I am hoping you all made it safely thru that horriffic flood.

Reason i'm calling for you, I have a friend who was visiting her daughter and her family in Jerrabomberra, AU, do you or can you please tell me if that place was flooded and is there any reason why she may not be able to contact via internet yet?
I am very concerned about her. She lives in Bangor, North Wales but was visiting her daughter right before the flood hit.

Also, i didn't get my 12 blocks 12 1/2" sent out to whomever I needed to in my area so they could be sent to the flood victims in that one area they were calling for blocks to be made. Can you possibly help me with any of my questions?

Thanks, Chris turtlerouge
Old 04-22-2011, 02:18 PM

Hi Chris
Jerrabomberra is only 20 minutes drive from me and we have not been affected by any flooding at all. How long has it been since she has been out of contact??
There were floods between where she lives and where she was visiting around the 21st March but things have been pretty much back to normal for a while now.
I will have a look and see if they are still after quilt blocks in any of the flood affected areas and let you know.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:38 PM

Hello Woody!

Boy, am I glad that you responded in a "positive" way. I appreciate that you could check out what you can about finding her.

She has not responded on board since Feb. 2. and the last message on facebook was March 1st.

If something happened to her, how can I find out if she is still in Au? She wasn't suppose to return home to Bangor, North Wales until May 15th.

Yes, please find out if they need anymore 12 1/2" quilt blocks yet. Please and THANK YOU!

Thanks again Woody!

chris
Old 04-22-2011, 09:23 PM

Hi Chris

I thought you might have meant Bangor, New South Wales which is just north of the most recent floods, not Bangor over in the UK. Do you have her daughters name in Jerrabomberra?? Maybe I can look in the Phone book?
Old 04-23-2011, 03:20 PM

Hi Woody, I did mean Bangor, North Wales. All I know is her daughter's name is Helen. Hold on, I'll check her page on face book. it may be helen Braun.

On facebook, here granddaughter's name is Rae Braun. Hope that helps.

Hey, i have Jackies phone number. I can never get thru due to busy lines during Christmas. This is way beyond you being nice, but could you try it?

its: 1-078-469-5046, of course, I think the 1st 3 numbers are for me for international calling. I tried thur verizon to connect me and even they cant connect me that was at Christmas time tho. If you don't want to try to call her, that's fine too.

Oh, if you call her house, her husband's name is Brian.

Thanks for checking on her whereabouts for me, Woody~!

Hey Woody, for going to all the trouble helping me find her, give me your addy and I'll mail some fabrics to you.

chris
Old 04-23-2011, 07:03 PM

Hi Chris

I have checked our local phone listings for your friends daughter and there is not one listed in the Jerrabomberra area and only 6 in total for all of the Canberra area but none have the initial H.

I'm not sure which parts of the phone number are US dialing codes and which are the phone number so I didn't try that and it is 3am over there at the moment.

I did find one Helen with the surname you think is the daughter's name on Facebook (there are not many) but it doesn't tell me where she lives, so maybe have a look and see if you recognise the face from photo's your friend put on her facebook page.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I hope your friend gets in touch soon, she is probably having a great time travelling and unaware that there are great friends like you who are worried about her.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:59 PM

Hi Woody, I have her pic but I can't download, there is no place to do that here. If there was a way, I could send you a pic of jackie and her daughter, it may help

Her daughter hasn't answered my facebook message so i can't tell you her hubby's name.

Oh well, maybe I should quit looking for her for awhile.
it just seems strange that she hasn't contacted me when she did frequently.

hey, please try simon braun. I was looking thru my pm's with jackie and she mentions her SIL name is Simon.

Please leave me your addy and for appreciation for your trouble, i'll send you some fabrics from America.

You know what! I found her address in my excel master friends list, I'm going to write to her and see what takes place, if or when I hear something, I'll let you know.

As always, thank you from the bottom of my heart for trying for me!!!!!!
Chris
Old 04-23-2011, 08:43 PM

Hi Chris

Sorry but there isn't a S Braun listed either.

Hopefully your letter will reach her soon and she will contact you.

Sorry I wasn't able to help you more, it really wasn't any trouble.

I will look forward to hearing of a happy ending to this.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:52 PM

Okay, THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING you have done to help me~!~~~~~~

Please send me your addy and I'll send you some fabrics from USA.

thanks, when i learn something about her, you will be the 1st one to hear!

Your quilting buddy, chris
Old 04-25-2011, 07:29 AM

Hi Woody

Thank God for facebook. I sent a message thru her "son" who happens to be her ex-hubby and he contacted her at their daughters place in AU.

jackie (Quiltyjax) sent a fb message and said she was fine, they were thousands of miles away from floods. Shes on vacation from work at home and she is spending her time cooking, baking, teaching her granddaughters how to sew and quilt. She said that she didn't know I was worrying about her. Also, she said that she wished that I didn't contact her daughter and ex because now they think I was stalking her. She will be home Mid May.

Gee, I thought we were good friends too, and she wished I didn't contact her family, geesh, now Im wondering.

Thanks Woody for Helping me out. I will send you somthing in the mail soon~

Chris, turtlerouge