Audiobooks

Old 06-05-2016, 06:19 AM

Oh, this has opened a whole can of worms into my brain! I just asked my dd, who has an iPod, what this is all about....overdrive, iPod, iTunes, etc. so, then I figured, ok, she has an iPod, which btw, she is not "attached" to, so I thought, instead of me buying one too, I could download the overdrive app onto desktop, then trans to her iPod, and I could listen to books from library...ran that by her, and her answer was.....another thing for you to get confused with!!!!, then in next breath, ...or go to iTunes library and get a book from there! Oh, I am sooooooo confusedddddd!!!!!! Then I'd have to buy those ugly large wireless headphones I've seen on commercial for audiobooks on tv? I think I'll just sit in my sewing corner and work on epp! That, I understand!!!!
Old 06-05-2016, 08:00 AM

Geri B. it sounds like your DD is more "attached" to her iPod than she wants to admit! Ha! I recently used some rewards points to get a little Dell Android tablet computer so I could download books to listen to in the new car . My libraries use Overdrive and I have to admit that I had a "learning curve" with the tablet, Overdrive, AND getting it to work in the new car... but it was well worth it! Ask around at your library and there should be someone on staff who can help you. If you're just using it while sitting or driving, you don't need headphones unless you don't want to disturb someone else.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:36 AM

Geri B......I listen to books on my IPod AND use earphones. I pick them up cheap at Big Lots. The little end is a metal plug in that fits in one end of the IPod. I made myself a little pocket to house the IPod and put a cord on the pocket so that I can wear it around my neck....therefore, I can walk or do whatever and listen......I don't use big ugly earphones!
Old 06-05-2016, 10:33 PM

Location: Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North

This is so funny. I was cruising the daily digest while waiting for overdrive to download 3 new audiobooks to my ipod. DH and I spend 5 months every summer travelling in our RV and I've found listening to books saves my sanity. I listen to an average of 2 books a week while piecing on my featherweight. I have a bluetooth speaker and earbuds for when hubby has to have the tube on (or for just generally tuning him out ). I would highly recommend a bluetooth speaker, I've had a Bose for years but I've seen a lot more brands on the market lately. Makes any book sound great and turns your ipod into a stereo too.

I am definitely checking out Colorado when we get there. I'm having to search real deep in my local (free) library for something fresh to listen to. I had no idea libraries would charge for a card . I just thought you were a resident and got one or not. Learn something new everyday. Thanks!