Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Baby burp cloths

Blog Entries
    I want to make burp cloths .(have a embroidery machine so keen to use it) When my children were little we just used a toweling nappy folded half ..
    ..Would this pattern work ? Wouldn't the spit up roll off the cotton fabric. if I used this pattern.....http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html
    I can't buy toweling nappies here but can purchase a towel and cut it up if someone has a better idea...

Thank you for any tips or better ideas

Great I was looking to do some them also..will check blog

alot of people use cloth diapers and sew a band at each end and then embroidery.

Blog Entries
    that is a good idea to use cloth diapers, have seen them at craft shows years ago when my niece was a baby

Quote Originally Posted by jajudd24
    alot of people use cloth diapers and sew a band at each end and then embroidery.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    that is a good idea to use cloth diapers, have seen them at craft shows years ago when my niece was a baby

Quote Originally Posted by jajudd24
    I used the cloth diapers and put a layer of flannel on the back side. seems like it is going to work fine.

I have 2 granbabies and i made some out of flannel. washed the several times before using and they were really nice to use.did soak up the spit. some of them i put terry on the back and used binding and these made a nice changing mat.larger of course. the girls really liked them. so much cheaper than buying.

My friend makes them out of flannel for baby shower gifts. There are so many cute baby flannel prints. And the stuff goes on sale regularly.

I made some from an old flannel baby blanket. They work great. I think towels would work well also.

Blog Entries
    I can't buy flannel here. That is the frustrating thing of not living in the western world sometimes being able to buy things that are common there.
    I think I might buy a towel and do 2 layers of that...
    But will keep your suggestions for when we go home.

I think using flannel like the link you posted would be fine. The flannel should soak up spit-up.

I use this method:

http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/ELProje...oductid=PR1006