Baby shower questions

Old 01-08-2015, 01:15 PM

When my daughter had a baby shower, she placed little baby dolls some with blue on them and the others pink, they were then placed and frozen into ice cubes. The game was to select an ice cube and hold it in your hand to see if it was a boy or girl which thawed out.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
I assume that you are picking up the check for the restaurant.
Reminds me of years ago when a friend attended a baby shower at a restaurant -- and the hostess didn't pick up the check, and of course didn't convey that beforehand. As I recall, she also never received a thank you note for her gift. Que sera sera!
Old 01-08-2015, 02:24 PM

Things have changed.I rather not attend a baby shower,dislike games and then having to sit while all the gifts are opened,but I will attend the baby shower coming up this Sat. which is called a Celebration.No gifts required (made quilt already because I wanted too) All friends and family invited.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:44 PM

Yes, I am paying for everyone's meal. I have decided not to play games. Too crowded! LOL! Just visiting with everyone will be great. Still haven't decided on a thank you favor. And I have requested our favorite waitresses so they will be well compensated. They are the best and super friendly and helpful! I think we will have a great time. I want to thank all of you for your suggestions and ideas. Any thank you favor ideas?
Old 01-08-2015, 04:05 PM

Check out this site www.cornerstorkbabygifts.com

And go to the baby shower favors section Tons of cute affordable gifts

Last edited by Billi; 01-08-2015 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Link fix
Old 01-08-2015, 08:56 PM

At a recent baby shower in my family room, there were games. However, the one that got the most laughs was....We were all given a ribbon to pin on r blouses. If anyone crossed their legs and another person noticed them, they asked for their ribbon. At the end, my young niece ended up with every single ribbon. Now, in a restaurant the leg crossing might be difficult to observe, but pick something that women do unconsciously...like play with their hair, or touch an earring or pull at their bra straps....might prove kind of funny!!!
Old 01-09-2015, 07:42 AM

We gave out little hand sanitizers and lip balm, we got them at Bath and Body works, they look like little trial size for your purse and come in a bunch of scents. We put them in small plastic glasses from the dollar store and wrapped the glass in cellophane and tied it with inexpensive ribbon. You could use little boxes or whatever you can find thats inexpensive.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by oneteappot View Post
My sister and I are giving a baby shower for my DIL. It has been years since I have been to a baby shower. Years! Do they still play games? Do the ladies expect a thank you favor? If so, any ideas? We are having it in a small restaurant.
It will be our first grandchild and I am so excited!
Thanks!
Laurel
I and a coworker of my daughter's, threw my daughter a shower several months ago. It was at my home, so the things we did (decorated bibs and onesies and made headbands) really wouldn't work for you. I handed out pink nail polish wrapped in pink mesh as favors. A really quick "game" is to guess the girth of mom-to-be's tummy. Fast to do and doesn't take a lot of prep. Have fun!
Old 01-09-2015, 05:55 PM

For my daughter's shower we did play games. Questions though.....everyone had a piece of paper numbered 1 - 10....or how ever many questions. What was Jenny's favorite book, song, who was her first boyfriend, what was her favorite zoo animal, how much did she weigh so on and so forth, and some of the questions were about the dad too.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:04 PM

This goes way way back..... Everyone chose a mini diaper with a safety pin. The ones that had a mini-shot of 'mustard' after unpinning the diaper were the winners. Are ya sorry you asked? I'm sorry I answered......