Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bathmat anyone?

Bathmat anyone?

I would like to make a 'matching' bathmat to go along with my new bathroom décor I'm making. Anyone have success? Secrets? Suggestions? I was thinking of using those cloth kitchen mats for the inside.

I have not tried it, but I have seen some cute bathmats made using a bath towel as the batting. Moda maybe?

Power Poster
    ​Someone posted their mat on QB done on a bathroom towel?

Here is one site that someone posted a while back. http://www.thegirlwhoquilts.com/2011...-bathmats.html Also, just type bathmat into the search box on this site main page and you'll get lots of ideas!

Blog Entries
    here's a thread that one member used a bathmat as a sew along/challenge http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...g-t214011.html
    Nancy in western NY

What about doing one using the chenille technique ... would be so cozy under foot!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have made them out of bath towels. I peace together my "top" and the use an old towel for the backing and sandwich it together. I have done with and without batting and like the one I used batting on the best. I used warm and natural for the batting.

Blog Entries
    Looking at all these ideas. Why didn't I think of that? I have a couple of rolls of that skid-proof material you can get at the dollar stores. Could attach that to the bottom or keep near to place underneath. Hate the store bought because after awhile the rubber backing comes apart.

Hi, I thought that locker hooking would work good for a bath mat. It is made from strips of fabric.I think it would dry faster than using a towel inside. if you want a picture or design you can draw what ever you want on the rug canvas first. in my case trace or use a template LOL i cant draw worth beans.here is a utube for example. they have a whole bunch just put in lockr hooking utube to search.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2iQwz-JesM

My primary care md and my son who is a nurse, check with us to be sure that our rugs have a rubber backing. Slipping on loose rugs is one of the largest reasons for falls among senior citizens. Hate to admit that I'm in that category but I am!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast