Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Beautiful Christmas Wreaths being stolen! >

Beautiful Christmas Wreaths being stolen!

Beautiful Christmas Wreaths being stolen!

Old 11-22-2017, 09:40 AM

Default Beautiful Christmas Wreaths being stolen!

I heard on the news that people that put the beautiful wreaths on their front door are finding them stolen. Wreaths are worth a lot of money at flea markets! One lady saw her beautifully crafted wreath that was stolen at nearby town's inside flea market type store. She said she contacted the booth owner and was told the wreath was bought from someone that came in and offered several wreaths for sale. She had sold all but that one as it was the most expensive.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

How truly sad.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:07 AM

That is sad. I had someone steal a big color bowl that I made on spring and put on my mailbox. It was the night before Mother's Day. I have a feeling some unsuspecting mom got a nice gift from her errant child and was so happy.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:06 PM

The world we now live in!!! Did you all hear about the teen age 2 sisters that had made a quilt apiece at the State Fair of Texas & won ribbons recently? Yep, they were stolen!! Later saw where someone or company had given them both (I think) gift cards to buy more fabric/etc.... Some people!!!! But never fear, God is watching!!!!
Old 11-22-2017, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by ljptexas View Post
The world we now live in!!! Did you all hear about the teen age 2 sisters that had made a quilt apiece at the State Fair of Texas & won ribbons recently? Yep, they were stolen!! Later saw where someone or company had given them both (I think) gift cards to buy more fabric/etc.... Some people!!!! But never fear, God is watching!!!!
I didn't see that LJP. That's awful! They're going to have to guard the quilts like they do at Houston Quilt Fest.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:37 PM

When I made wall hangings for my aunt in a nursing home, I machine embroidered her name on it. To remove her first and last name would have ruined the wall hanging. No one ever took them. For embroideries place on my front door, I include my house number and street name where it will ruin the embroideries to remove the information. It is a shame our world has changed.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:57 PM

I no longer put flowers wreaths on my late husband's grave; people steal them. (take them apart and reuse the flowers....lucrative business...all profit.) I'd like to have one of those star shower lights, but figure it would be stolen for sure. I've had a couple of garbage cans stolen from curbside.....last one I bought, I painted my address and initials both inside and outside ---so far, so good. This is a sad time for us all.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I didn't see that LJP. That's awful! They're going to have to guard the quilts like they do at Houston Quilt Fest.
One reason thar I don't enter these competitions. If my project gets stolen...I would be very upset! A ribbon and ten dollars is not worth it to me. So sorry to hear about the theft of front door wreaths..it does not surprise me tho. Thieves rip off delivered packages on front porches.

sad

sandy
Old 11-24-2017, 07:13 AM

This is why we have two obvious (fake) security cameras on our porch, a big sign saying "You're on camera", and then a hidden camera that actually does work. And we live in a "nice" area. But two years ago at Christmas, we had a series of packages stolen from our porch. Since we've put up all the obvious (and not-so-obvious) surveillance, not a thing had gone missing! And the camera that does work is handy for when I'm upstairs and the doorbell rings - I can see through that camera from my phone or my PC and see if it's just a delivery drop-off of if there's actually someone there. I can also use it to spy on the birds that like to hunt for bugs in my front yard!
Old 11-24-2017, 07:46 AM

I always say that it is not who lives in your neighborhood...it is WHO comes into it! Stranger danger.

sandy