Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Because of my bracelet, I often pick up things I don't mean to.

  1. #1
    cande's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    south east ND. 60 miles from MN and 25 from SD
    Posts
    238
    I wear a magnetic bracelet; don't know if it helps but it's a very pretty one. When I'm sewing, I find pins stuck to it. Reach for my knife and get my fork with my bracelet. Hope nothing ever sticks to it when I'm shopping, wouldn't that be embarrassing!

  2. #2
    Super Member PurplePassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southern MN
    Posts
    2,338
    I also hope that you don't have a computerized sewing machine. That might cause some issues with it.

  3. #3
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,965
    I have heard they help but I didn't think about them attracting everything else.

  4. #4
    Power Poster sandpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,758
    Blog Entries
    9
    They aren't too good to have around your computer either. Hope it is helping you though...(not just with the picking up things)

  5. #5
    Super Member dglvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by cande
    I wear a magnetic bracelet; don't know if it helps but it's a very pretty one. When I'm sewing, I find pins stuck to it. Reach for my knife and get my fork with my bracelet. Hope nothing ever sticks to it when I'm shopping, wouldn't that be embarrassing!
    I wore a bracelet on my wrist for a long time for my back and never thougth it helped and a doctor said if its your back you have to have it on your back if its your wrist then wear on your wrist. And yes they are not good for computer stuff.

  6. #6
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,673
    I also wear a magnetic bracelet. It helps my wrist pain...but I've never had any problems picking up other stuff with it. You must have a really powerful one!! :D

  7. #7
    cande's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    south east ND. 60 miles from MN and 25 from SD
    Posts
    238
    The closest it gets to my computer is my keyboard - which is 2' from my monitor and 3' from my tower. Is that too close? And I never thought of it messing up my computerized sewing machine. Maybe I should quit wearing it, I really don't think it helps me any but it's a very pretty one. Irradisant(sp) colors. I've been wearing it since the end of September...

  8. #8
    Super Member dglvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by cande
    The closest it gets to my computer is my keyboard - which is 2' from my monitor and 3' from my tower. Is that too close? And I never thought of it messing up my computerized sewing machine. Maybe I should quit wearing it, I really don't think it helps me any but it's a very pretty one. Irradisant(sp) colors. I've been wearing it since the end of September...
    Leave it by the door and wear it when you go out. Well then there is the car. Computerized? Hmmmm

  9. #9
    Super Member Oklahoma Suzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home town: Rehoboth, MA Now living in OK
    Posts
    7,847
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion
    I also hope that you don't have a computerized sewing machine. That might cause some issues with it.
    yes, do be carefull

  10. #10
    cjc
    cjc is offline
    Junior Member cjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    212
    What you probably have is magnetized hematite. Hematite is iron oxide a stone that looks like a metal and can be magnetized. It's healing powers??? Stranger things have happened and some people really believe. I would be careful around computers too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.