Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Because of my bracelet, I often pick up things I don't mean to.

south east ND. 60 miles from MN and 25 from SD
    I wear a magnetic bracelet; don't know if it helps but it's a very pretty one. When I'm sewing, I find pins stuck to it. Reach for my knife and get my fork with my bracelet. Hope nothing ever sticks to it when I'm shopping, wouldn't that be embarrassing!

I also hope that you don't have a computerized sewing machine. That might cause some issues with it.

I have heard they help but I didn't think about them attracting everything else.

Blog Entries
    They aren't too good to have around your computer either. Hope it is helping you though...(not just with the picking up things)

Quote Originally Posted by cande
    I wear a magnetic bracelet; don't know if it helps but it's a very pretty one. When I'm sewing, I find pins stuck to it. Reach for my knife and get my fork with my bracelet. Hope nothing ever sticks to it when I'm shopping, wouldn't that be embarrassing!
    I wore a bracelet on my wrist for a long time for my back and never thougth it helped and a doctor said if its your back you have to have it on your back if its your wrist then wear on your wrist. And yes they are not good for computer stuff.

I also wear a magnetic bracelet. It helps my wrist pain...but I've never had any problems picking up other stuff with it. You must have a really powerful one!! :D

south east ND. 60 miles from MN and 25 from SD
    The closest it gets to my computer is my keyboard - which is 2' from my monitor and 3' from my tower. Is that too close? And I never thought of it messing up my computerized sewing machine. Maybe I should quit wearing it, I really don't think it helps me any but it's a very pretty one. Irradisant(sp) colors. I've been wearing it since the end of September...

Quote Originally Posted by cande
    The closest it gets to my computer is my keyboard - which is 2' from my monitor and 3' from my tower. Is that too close? And I never thought of it messing up my computerized sewing machine. Maybe I should quit wearing it, I really don't think it helps me any but it's a very pretty one. Irradisant(sp) colors. I've been wearing it since the end of September...
    Leave it by the door and wear it when you go out. Well then there is the car. Computerized? Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion
    I also hope that you don't have a computerized sewing machine. That might cause some issues with it.
    yes, do be carefull

cjc
    What you probably have is magnetized hematite. Hematite is iron oxide a stone that looks like a metal and can be magnetized. It's healing powers??? Stranger things have happened and some people really believe. I would be careful around computers too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast