Been Back into Hospital

Old 04-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Power Poster

My husband has sleep apnea and it is not a real bad thing. He has to wear a mask attached to a cpap machine that makes a light noise but it isn't a real big deal.

He calls the mask his alien mask! He thinks it looks like something from Star Trek.

He sleeps better with it and he stays asleep all night instead of waking up alot!
It was a good thing for him and it will probably help you too!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:49 PM

Hi Jerrie, I replied your facebook entry earlier. I have a friend who also wears the mask thingy at night. It looks kind of funky, but works great! Just stay on top of that fluid retention!
You'll be in my thoughts & prayers, that this all gets figured out quickly!
:-)
Old 04-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Power Poster

Jerrie , sorry to hear that you have been under the weather . Take care of yourself, that is the most important thing and do the hand work it will help the time pass til you are back to fit as a fiddle :wink:
Sharon
Old 04-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

So sorry. Take care of yourself and listen to your doctor. Just get better honey. You are in my prayers.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:29 PM

Sorry to hear you've been in the hospital again. My husband has sleep apnea and uses the mask every night. What a HUGE difference it has made for him, and for ME! Now he doesn't snore loud enough to shake the rafters, and we both get a good night's sleep. He says he doesn't feel like a walking zombie anymore! Hope your machine works as well for you!
Old 04-16-2009, 06:42 PM

Jerrie
My late dh had congestive heart failure, also. The Dr. told him that he HAD to keep moving. As in walking. He didn't. I really don't know the answer to it, but keep doing what the Dr. says. dh was on some reeeaaaly heavy water pills. That only works so long. Water pills are hard on the kidneys. It is a "catch 22" thing. Water pills help get the water off, but the kidneys suffer. dh finally ended up on the dialysis thingy. If you are ok to sit in a chair & do NOTHING for 3 to 4 hours, It works. That was 3 days a week.
I am assuming that you are a diabetic.
They wanted to do a sleep apnea on him, but he opted out of that. Damn I really hated it when he seemed to know more than the Dr.
I wish you luck!!!!!!!!!!!!! And many prayers.

Billie
Old 04-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Power Poster

Sorry to hear about your troubles and glad to hear that you are in good care. My DH has to wear the C-Pap machine too and it has saved our marriage. You are a trooper though about taking your handiwork.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:30 PM

Jerrie--I am so sorry you are in the hospital. Hope you are feeling better and home soon.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:38 PM

I have sleep apnea, the cpap machine has made me a different person. I can actually stay awake long enough to talk to my family at night.

They found mine when I had a heart cath. in July, I stopped breathing so much they had a hard time keeping my vitals regulated. My heart was fine, I went through the sleep test the very next night. I stopped breathing 97 times in an hour. So hopefully the cpap will work for you too.

I will keep you in my prayers, that is definately too much fluid to be around your heart. I don't know how you were able to breathe.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Power Poster

I hope that you get to feeling better soon!!! Maybe getting better sleep will help you feel like doing more during the day...more energy to quilt, shop for fabrics, etc... :D :D :D Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!!