Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Believe It Or Not, DEN IS DONE! >

Believe It Or Not, DEN IS DONE!

Believe It Or Not, DEN IS DONE!

Old 06-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

Last Update!

Well, we decided that those ugly brown walls had to go, so another trip to Lowes. For some reason, we were in sink this time and we went right to work, found the curtains I liked first, and from there to the paint. It is a green-blue, muted color called Eucalyptus, and I love it! Even DH liked it right off the bat! :wink: So back home we came to move all the new furniture back out, (by now we had furniture stacked on top of furniture!) and we set in to put 3 more coats of paint on these den walls. then I took another week for me to get pictures hung and everything else decidedon , rug, and where to place furniture.
It finally had a break in the rain and we hauled off the old furniture last Saturday, except for Mortimer's couch, which is now residing in our bedroom! :wink:

The picture of my desk is where I sit and chew the rag with all of you, and thanks for being here when I needed someone to rant and rave to! :D

So if you likey, please let me know and if you don't likey please be so kind as to LIE to me, as I can't stand the idea of ever painting this Den again!!!

Ninnie

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uAI_9RibNE...0/IMG_0115.JPG[/img]
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uAI_9RibNE...0/IMG_0112.JPG[/img]
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_uAI_9RibNE...0/IMG_0109.JPG[/img]
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uAI_9RibNE...0/IMG_0117.JPG[/img]
Old 06-17-2009, 12:23 PM

LOL! I don't have to lie. I love it!!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

My nose isn't growing when I say "I LOVE IT" :D :D :D It is be-yu-te-ful 8) 8) 8)
Old 06-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Power Poster

well, girlfriend, you know I love it. Need a closeup look at those curtains. What color are they...and should have gotten Mortimer in there, so we could see, the dimensions of things, next to him. So, does he spend his time, lying on couch in your room, or, is he gonna claim a new one? :D
Old 06-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lisa T
LOL! I don't have to lie. I love it!!
Thank you Lisa, It has been an ordeal, but I guess it was worth it! Now I won't let DH wear his farm boots in here! :evil: I'm sure that will wear off as it gets old, though. I do know that I'm getting too old to be climbing up and down a ladder all day. :cry: Where the computer is, that's where I sit up my floor frame to quilt and I'll be glasd when i have a top to put there. :D
Old 06-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amma
My nose isn't growing when I say "I LOVE IT" :D :D :D It is be-yu-te-ful 8) 8) 8)
Thank you Amma, maybe now I'll won't be such a bi@$& now! :wink:
Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

Not lying when I say I love it, It looks really good, i wish I could get half my house to look that good. I might have to change the color here in the sewing room.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:10 PM

I really love the color, especially with the woodwork and brown furniture. The second picture shows what a lovely layout you have. Yes. I like. Now. Do you wanna come over and do my sewing room for me? Please?
Old 06-17-2009, 01:19 PM

Ninnie, was it brown paneling that you had in your room? I have that too, yechhhhh! Did you do any priming, or just painting? How many coats? I'm trying to figure out what I have in store for myself before I start, but I REALLY need to do something with the family room and it's icky brown panelled walls... Add to that faux brick in the kitchen and I just cry.... :evil:
Old 06-17-2009, 01:25 PM

I really do love it!! The colors look inviting and restful!!! (Did you have brown paneling on the wall?? My living room is like that and it is SO ugly...)