Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bennington Quilt Show

Anyone ever gone to this?

YEP I went several years ago, small but nice. It may be bigger now don't really know.

Yes I have gone every year for the past 6 years. I have also entered quilts in it for the past 3. Very nice show. Not so big to be overwhelming but big enough to have a nice selection of vendors and a lovely display of quilts. I found my LA at the Bennington Quilt show.

Also in the area is the Empire quiltfest which is only held every other year in Clifton Park. You can google it and get all the details. I have never been to this show but plan on entering and going this year.

Thanks. I'm trying to work up my courage to enter something.

Oops - looks like my computer skills are on par with my sewing skills...I added this twice. sorry

Brett, by all means plan on entering next year. This is a fun show, but not a place you need to be perfect. I have 4 quilts in this year, and they are not perfect. They are made for pleasure, and if the quilt police show up, I won't even pay for the "disorderly quilting" tickets they give me. LOL. Some members are terrific quilters, and nonmembers send good stuff, too. There are about 130 quilts this year, I think, some good vendors, great featured quilter, and my favorite part, the consignment shop where members put in things they have made or just stuff they want to sell. Come and see it, and decide what you want to make for next year!
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
    Brett, by all means plan on entering next year. This is a fun show, but not a place you need to be perfect. I have 4 quilts in this year, and they are not perfect. They are made for pleasure, and if the quilt police show up, I won't even pay for the "disorderly quilting" tickets they give me. LOL. Some members are terrific quilters, and nonmembers send good stuff, too. There are about 130 quilts this year, I think, some good vendors, great featured quilter, and my favorite part, the consignment shop where members put in things they have made or just stuff they want to sell. Come and see it, and decide what you want to make for next year!
    Lynn, Thx for the information. Every year I say I'm going to go to this since its close to my home, but haven't yet. I should probably check it out before I ever even consider making something for it. I have only done some small things.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Quilts View Post
    Lynn, Thx for the information. Every year I say I'm going to go to this since its close to my home, but haven't yet. I should probably check it out before I ever even consider making something for it. I have only done some small things.
    "Quilt Police" lol. Hope to be there on Saturday this year
    When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, itís not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.

Bella Swan, Twilight

Look for my quilt! It is #123 and is titled "Go Fish". Here is a picture of it before it was finished: flannel quilt I am working on

I will most likely go on Sunday.
    I am one of the non-member entrants. I do not belong to the guild that holds this show.

If anyone wants to meet up post here or PM me.

I have gone in the past and I have enjoyed it. But I forgot all about it being this weekend. It's not a good weekend for me to get there. drats.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast