Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: best christmas gift??

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,157
    I wondered what everyone thought was their best gift this year

  2. #2
    Super Member luvstitches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Leroy Twp., Ohio
    Posts
    1,328
    Two gift cards from a local awesome quilt shop.

  3. #3
    Super Member fidgety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Iowa transplant to Va
    Posts
    1,769
    Blog Entries
    1
    I can say one of the special ones is a silver heart necklace from my daughter. It has my 3 grandsons names engraved on it..
    As for the gifts from my DH. He does wonderful. He listens to me talk to my friends about things and then he goes searching lol..

  4. #4
    Moderator Up North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North East Lower peninsula of Michigan
    Posts
    6,145
    My best gift and every years request is lots of Bubble bath! I am a bubble bath fanatic! It was my getaway when the kids were little and I love to read and soak!

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,422
    just hanging out with family - I don't get gifts anymore (at my request) and it's very liberating and relaxing.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by fidgety
    I can say one of the special ones is a silver heart necklace from my daughter. It has my 3 grandsons names engraved on it..
    As for the gifts from my DH. He does wonderful. He listens to me talk to my friends about things and then he goes searching lol..
    How nice ..sounds pretty special

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
    just hanging out with family - I don't get gifts anymore (at my request) and it's very liberating and relaxing.
    You know my husband and i quit exchanging years ago and love it...at our ages you just buy what you want when you want it..we give lots to our children and grand children and they buy us gifts but we cut back on what they can give us so it works out fine

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    My best gift and every years request is lots of Bubble bath! I am a bubble bath fanatic! It was my getaway when the kids were little and I love to read and soak!
    Oh that sounds nice....

  9. #9
    Super Member Juliebelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,135
    My new Janome 6600 that DH got me, in fact I got it in Oct but it was for Christmas just a really early Christmas present.

  10. #10
    Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    645
    I still get gifts from my hubbie and and exchange gifts with my sister and her family. Growing up Christmas was such a big deal - my parents and grandparents went all out! I have to have some gifts under the tree - I'm just shallow like that!

    We don't exchange gifts any more with hubby's family - we make charitable donations in their names and most of them ignore us. ;)

    My favourite gift this year is a Canon Powershot camera - small enough to fit in my pocket or purse. I just love it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.