Best Iron to Buy???

Old 11-28-2011, 12:02 PM

I'm with you. Love my Rowenta's!
Old 11-29-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by judys View Post
Just had to post the line I saw in an older quilting magazine (can't remember which one) some time ago.
"It doesn't matter which iron you buy. As they get older they all become incontinent!"
heheh quite clever
Old 12-02-2011, 06:58 AM

It was one of those comments that stuck in my mind too. I'm also looking for a new iron and have a Rowenta. I've been checking on-line this morning about it and none of them seem to be reviewed by quilters. I like the other comment about what NOT to use, I've been using Brita filtered water but not distilled. Maybe I'll just try and get it cleared out and see if it stops being incontinent and spitting at me if I used distilled water.
Originally Posted by Jenni01 View Post
heheh quite clever
Old 12-02-2011, 07:13 AM

I am sorry that your Rowenta's haven't worked for you. I have one, probably 15-18 years old. It has only spit once, and that was when I used tap water. I dumped it out immediately and went back to distilled water. I know the directions say to use only tap water, but they don't know our water around here. I hope mine lasts for a long time yet because I know I can't afford another expensive iron, but I really love mine.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by judy_68 View Post
I love that price but my husband would kill me if I don't get an auto shut off. lol
Judy
You could plug that iron into a power strip and turn it on and off with the power strip that way when the light is on the iron is on. That type of iron is excellent for quilting.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

I got on here yesterday and did a search on Oliso irons. read the comments and decided not to get one. I was thinking since i get gift cargs for Christmas that i'd spend them on something i really need. a good iron. I guess i'll keep the little Shark iron i bought recently when my old Rowenta blew up. sigh.