Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Birdtalk

Blog Entries
    What a surprise this would be!! Those birds are certainly beautiful! Lovely houseguests!! THanks for sharing!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Wildlife in Tasmania

Just this week alone, I've had: multitudes of wild rabbits; a wild hare; wallabies; an echidna; beautiful blue wrens; and several sulphur-crested cockatoos feeding on the ground very close to my house, all in daylight - here in Tasmania, down under Down Under.

Beautiful rosellas having their daily slice of apple at my friends' place in the Blue Mtns near Sydney:
    Name:  P1040638.JPG
Views: 104
Size:  64.2 KB

Those birds are SO beautiful. Thanks for sharing all of the pics.

This is one of the brightest fellow we have visit in Possum Trot, KY
    Name:  DSCF4713.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  89.9 KB
    and they're plenty good at chasing away the outside cats.

Good thing we don't have parrots as we about go broke in the winter months feeding our feathered friends as it is.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    Boomerang 9 - Pacific blocks -- peek if you want to
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5857779

Thanks to all of you that posted pictures. Really enjoyed the slide show.

So the two parrots are just talking smack to each other...or maybe I was here first..O check out that cheeky human.. love animals. thanks for the picts

Aren't you afraid they will take off with your keys? My Sister lives in Springvale. I went to visit a few years ago. I enjoyed watching the beautiful birds flying over their yard. They have peach, cherry and plum trees, but said they rarely get fruit , the white cockatoos clean them off. They closest colorful bird I have seen here , is the Indigo Bunting.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
    This is one of the brightest fellow we have visit in Possum Trot, KY
    Name:  DSCF4713.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  89.9 KB
    and they're plenty good at chasing away the outside cats.

Good thing we don't have parrots as we about go broke in the winter months feeding our feathered friends as it is.
    Isn't he beautiful!!!!! Thanks for sharing. I love all the european birds too, some of them "sing" such beautiful melodies!!!
    Elfi
    Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds....you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion View Post
    Aren't you afraid they will take off with your keys? My Sister lives in Springvale. I went to visit a few years ago. I enjoyed watching the beautiful birds flying over their yard. They have peach, cherry and plum trees, but said they rarely get fruit , the white cockatoos clean them off. They closest colorful bird I have seen here , is the Indigo Bunting.
    Hahahaha, never thought of that, them taking off with my keys, I would be in trouble then would I...??? And yes, we have to share our fruit with the birds too. This is the first year I had really large yellow loquats and I never got the chance to eat any, they were gone before I got to them..... The cheeky parrots get there very very early and have a feast!!!
    Elfi
    Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds....you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds!!!

Blog Entries
    Wow! We're lucky that you had a camera nearby to take this picture. Thanks for posting it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast