Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Birdtalk

Cool Birdtalk

Some time ago I was standing at my sink washing the dishes when I heard this loud bird discussion going on. I turned around and to my surprise this is how I discovered 2 King parrots. I was so surprised to see how far inside the house they ventured and I had to take a picture as I thought nobody would believe me if I told them....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Elfi
    Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds....you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds!!!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful! Are these King Parrots wild birds? Another Australian posted a cucaburra bird recently, plus a hedgehog-looking little critter posted recently. Wonderful; thanks to all of you for posting such interesting things to see from so far away.

Are these common birds in your area like a cardinal would be for us? When I saw the picture, I thought you were going to say that your bird was having a conversation with his reflection - lol.

Quote Originally Posted by postal packin' mama View Post
    Beautiful! Are these King Parrots wild birds? Another Australian posted a cucaburra bird recently, plus a hedgehog-looking little critter posted recently. Wonderful; thanks to all of you for posting such interesting things to see from so far away.
    Yes, they are wild birds and at certain time of the year they come around and sometimes you can get them so tame they feed the seeds out of your hands. We have all sorts of parrots in the area, kangaroos, kookaburras, echidnas (hedgehog type but larger) and lots and lots of other wildlife - at the moment the snakes are very bad!!!
    Elfi
    Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds....you can grow flowers or you can grow weeds!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patti25314 View Post
    Are these common birds in your area like a cardinal would be for us? When I saw the picture, I thought you were going to say that your bird was having a conversation with his reflection - lol.
    Yes, they are but they don't come so near all year round, just certain months, not saying they're not around, probably just busy elsewhere!!!
    Elfi

They are beautiful...If I lived in Australia I'm afraid I couldn't keep my eyes turned away from the windows long enough to ever make a quilt. It's hard enough when a glance out my window yields woodpeckers, hummingbirds, cardinals, jays and a plethora of other less colorful birds.

Red face Feeding time....

Yes, that's how tame you can get those parrots.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Elfi

Oh my gosh! I would want him to come inside with me and stay. I've always wanted a bird, but I always have a cat. An outside trained bird that would come into to eat and to sleep would be perfect. Lucky you! Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfi2 View Post
    Yes, they are wild birds and at certain time of the year they come around and sometimes you can get them so tame they feed the seeds out of your hands. We have all sorts of parrots in the area, kangaroos, kookaburras, echidnas (hedgehog type but larger) and lots and lots of other wildlife - at the moment the snakes are very bad!!!
    OMG - fabulous picture of fabulous birds - BUT - "the snakes are very bad" - so WHY are your windows open with no screens????? Can't snakes crawl/slither up into an open window?????
    Nikki in MO

Blog Entries
    wow, they are really beautiful... and brave
    Nancy in western NY

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast