Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday!!!!

I'm not brave enough to shop on Black Friday anymore. The older I get the more I get crowdaphobic! I can't concentrate on anything except escaping!

Shopping online now - that's something else!

Sometimes I work the day after Thanksgiving. Twice I've headed to the mall after work and it was practically desserted. I'm not interested in the standing-in-line, break-the-door-down deals at midnight or 4 a.m. or whatever. But many of the all day sale items were available in the evening and it was easy! Other years I've shopped online that day and have saved some money on specific gifts I needed to find. I make the kids give me their Christmas list before Thanksgiving for just that reason.
    Remember the teakettle...it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings!

A Proper Tea is much nicer than a Very Nearly Tea, which is one you forget about afterwards. ~ Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)

Let's see....Black Friday....isn't that the day that DGD'S are supposed to be out and about, and their DGM's just give them a list?
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

I have always avoided the stores on Black Friday. If I don't know how cheap things might be, it doesn't bother me. I give gift cards to grandkids and they love them.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Me... View Post
    I am with you. We are probably in the minority. No discount on this planet is worth the crowds, fighting and lack of sleep! ROFL Although, I don't spend a whole lot for Christmas gifts.....
    I agree totally. I do not like the crowds, the pushing and shoving, and general selfish lack of manners displayed by many of the shoppers that day. I would rather spend a little more and retain my sanity!

My best friend passed away from cancer in 2003. We had a tradition, since our children were little, of doing the Black Friday sales. It was the one day we spent together without kids and husbands. Over the years that we did this we had some hilarious things happen while we were shopping. One year we were at Walmart and I had finished my shopping but she wasn't finished. I left to go to Sears to purchase a major item I wanted and was going to return to pick her up later. When I returned to Walmart, there were police cruisers and fire trucks everywhere. I had no clue what was happening. There were people standing everywhere but I could not find her. I drove down every parking row looking for her. Finally, I heard someone calling my name, it was my friend. She had gotten in a vehicle with some other ladies who gave her shelter from the cold (it was freezing outside). Then she explained that immediately after I left they announced over the intercom that everyone needed to exit the store because there had been a bomb threat! We had lots of laughs over that. I still miss my friend, more so this time of the year. Now, my daughter and daughter-in-law tag along.

No way am I going out in that mess. I would rather swim with a bunch of piranhas than deal with those crowds.
    I will wait till Cyber Monday or whatever they call it.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

If JoAnn's has Warm and Natural batting again for a really good price then that is all I will go out for.

I won't need to shop for anything then, I'm done. That day, I'm ready to feel the love of Christmas, not the greed that people get into after Thanksgiving.

Blog Entries
    I made my brother go with me last year-The only one we went to was Menards. My 2 favorite places to browse and shop are Hancocks and Menards.They both make my heart beat faster when I get to go

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast