Blindspot

Old 09-23-2016, 02:39 PM

Default Blindspot

Watched Blindspot again this week. This program would be much better if the loud background music was not there. At times it is so loud that you can not hear what the actors are saying. I have complained on their web site. I will give it one more week - if the loud background music problem is not corrected, I will not be watching it again.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:44 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

You know, you'd think at our age (assumption here that many/most of us are over 55) that the hearing might be less sensitive than in our youth. Not so in my case. I have the TV turned down low enough every day that I realized I can't hear from the kitchen 10-12 feet away; but in my chair it's completely comfortable to listen to any show.

I hate loud as you do....movies are really uncomfortable in a theater for the first 10 minutes, until I get caught up in the story.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:43 AM

Bummer... We missed it but I think it is recorded. Luckily my sewing room is on the second floor, my husband is 18 years older than me and I'm constantly asking him to turn the tv down...I thought they were supposed to make it so the commercials weren't so loud either.

I did stay up late last night to watch Blue Bloods. : )
Old 09-24-2016, 03:49 AM
Power Poster

we catch ourselves turning the sound down because of background music. Through the day I have it very low when home. We have cable but to get a couple more programs DH had the box reconnected. Didn't take us long to remember why we disconnected the box. The sound always varied. Some times we had to increase the volume then next thing within seconds it was back to blaring. I have come to realize I don't care if I watch tv or not. Getting a little more sewing done.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:23 AM

I was having the same issue with the annoying loud background music to the point where I couldn't hear what the actors were saying. I searched the web to find a solution and came across a site that tells you how this can easily be fixed. Using You Tube and knowing the maker of your tv, you can search for instuctions on how to tune down your tv's surround sound. It's the surround sound in the background that is causing this to happen. I am much happier now.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:48 AM

It isn't just Blindspot. I find I'm constantly changing the volume on my tv no matter what I'm watching. One minute, it's too loud and the next I can barely hear it. The commercials will blast you out of the room.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:52 AM

ouch I missed it!! When is it on?
Old 09-25-2016, 11:31 AM

I had an issue with Elementary. I like the show but he talked either so fast or the accent or both that most times I couldn't understand what he was saying. Or maybe not much enunciating. My daughter - 20 years younger than me has the same issue. Turning the volume up didn't help much either.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:10 PM

Sewnclog--your post made me laugh--anytime we are watching a British, Aussie or especially Irish film we end up turning it up very loud--we blame the accent but maybe it's just us!
Old 09-28-2016, 04:11 PM

We've been putting on the closed captioning for some shows. It's the only way we can figure out what's happening, between the loud music and fast talking!