Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Diamond Fetches record price

LOL Patti.

I once had a $50,000 diamond on my finger. It was pretty, but was HUGE! Actually gawdy looking. I fantasized as to what I could get with that kind of money and the diamond wasn't one of them. Was fun trying it on tho. For fun sometimes, the girls and I would walk down Waikiki and window shop. Once in a while, they would want to go into some of the jewelry stores. The stores didn't care what you were dressed like, they welcomed you in, let you try on anything and everything. Was fun sometimes, but then everything had to go back. lol
    Oh yes....the doors to the store were locked and there were security guards there too, so no way I could "lift" it. lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    LOL Patti.

I once had a $50,000 diamond on my finger. It was pretty, but was HUGE! Actually gawdy looking. I fantasized as to what I could get with that kind of money and the diamond wasn't one of them. Was fun trying it on tho. For fun sometimes, the girls and I would walk down Waikiki and window shop. Once in a while, they would want to go into some of the jewelry stores. The stores didn't care what you were dressed like, they welcomed you in, let you try on anything and everything. Was fun sometimes, but then everything had to go back. lol
    Oh yes....the doors to the store were locked and there were security guards there too, so no way I could "lift" it. lol
    Actually I wouldn't EVEN be tempted by the big diamond...now I am a diamond kinda girl, I'll admit....but a big ole' gawdy rock???? No...I'll take tastefully understated anyday and then buy more toys with the left over money... :wink: I' ve never even tried on one of those big ones :roll:

The diamond is absolutely beautiful!!

But think of all the sewing stuff you could buy with that amount of money...

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat

Actually I wouldn't EVEN be tempted by the big diamond...now I am a diamond kinda girl, I'll admit....but a big ole' gawdy rock???? No...I'll take tastefully understated anyday and then buy more toys with the left over money... :wink: I' ve never even tried on one of those big ones :roll:
    I agree, I always tend to think those massive diamonds must be fake. NOt that I see many massive diamonds around here!

I have a three stone diamond ring I wear on my right hand..centre stone is 1/2 carat with a 1/4 carat either side. Very good clarity and colour. Small enough not to get in the way, I wear it every day, but big and sparkly enough to make other women look at it! :lol: :wink: :lol:

Izy
    Well I think you should show us your diamonds Mary...they we can all post ours and compare styles in rings too!! Mine ring is three diamonds with a 'princess' cut square centre...(I think, its been on my finger for nearly 8 years waiting for a companion..... :roll:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Well I think you should show us your diamonds Mary...they we can all post ours and compare styles in rings too!! Mine ring is three diamonds with a 'princess' cut square centre...(I think, its been on my finger for nearly 8 years waiting for a companion..... :roll:
    :shock: :shock: Sounds really pretty Izy...it does need a companion though...why not have him talk to Colin??? Maybe get a good idea??

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :lol:

I'll post a pic later when I get home.

For that rock I would not mind being Gawdy at all!!!! Bring it on!!!!

Blog Entries
    I think the biggest suckers are the ones that buy this stuff. I have never seen a reason to having expensive jewelry. It serves no purpose at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I think the biggest suckers are the ones that buy this stuff. I have never seen a reason to having expensive jewelry. It serves no purpose at all.
    Well, one man's (or woman's!) meat is another ones poison, horses for courses and all that! My ring serves a magnificent purpose..it makes me happy!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast