Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Board Member Tricks and Shortcuts to using the QB!!

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brasstown, NC
    Posts
    92

    Angry

    [QUOTE=BertieD;6069001]To include a Photo with a Quick Reply, click on the 3rd icon from right side of bar above where you type a reply. If you just hover over it, it will say "Insert Image". Click on it. Box comes up INSERT IMAGE from either "From Computer or From URL" . You probably want to click on "From Computer" and then "Choose File" as that is where your pictures are stored. Look up at top of screen in the URL bar and if that doesn't say where your pictures are, then look to left side and click on "Pictures" or whatever your pictures are stored under. Select file, Upload it, and Voila! Clear as mud, right. Step by step, it will work, unless your computer is more contrary than mine!

    You know, I tried exactly that & got a message saying "did not post" or did not download or something like that. I wondered if the photo was "too big"--as in too many pixels. I know there was a thread about reducing size of photo but do ya' think I can find it now? Not!

  2. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Posts
    7,562
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks! Great tip!

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Posts
    486
    Blog Entries
    2
    My tip would be to use an online photo service. I use photobucket myself. And when posting a picture here, I click the add picture icon, select "By URL" and paste the direct link (given by photobucket) I never have to worry about resizing picture to fit. Somehow in the magic of cyberspace it happens. Really takes the stress out of posting pictures.

    Also, photobucket is free and is a great way to have a backup of your pictures In case of computer crashes.

  4. #14
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    32,893
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolynMT View Post
    My tip would be to use an online photo service. I use photobucket myself. And when posting a picture here, I click the add picture icon, select "By URL" and paste the direct link (given by photobucket) I never have to worry about resizing picture to fit. Somehow in the magic of cyberspace it happens. Really takes the stress out of posting pictures.

    Also, photobucket is free and is a great way to have a backup of your pictures In case of computer crashes.
    Please do not use this method. Your post will be deleted. Pictures have to be posted directly to the board, not linked to your offsite photo site.
    Nancy in western NY

  5. #15
    Super Member CAS49OR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,319
    Thanks for the tip that led me check "Quick Links". It's a great way to only get notices about items I'm still interested in!
    :-)
    CAS

  6. #16
    Junior Member christyld60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    West Yellowstone, MT
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    Thanks for the tip that led me check "Quick Links". It's a great way to only get notices about items I'm still interested in!
    I was just thinking how nice it would be to find links etc. ! So glad this came up today ! Thank you everyone !

  7. #17
    Super Member katesnanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,086
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by BertieD View Post
    To include a Photo with a Quick Reply, click on the 3rd icon from right side of bar above where you type a reply. If you just hover over it, it will say "Insert Image". Click on it. Box comes up INSERT IMAGE from either "From Computer or From URL" . You probably want to click on "From Computer" and then "Choose File" as that is where your pictures are stored. Look up at top of screen in the URL bar and if that doesn't say where your pictures are, then look to left side and click on "Pictures" or whatever your pictures are stored under. Select file, Upload it, and Voila! Clear as mud, right. Step by step, it will work, unless your computer is more contrary than mine!

    Here ya go, Buslady
    Don't know if I'm being dumb but I don't see any icons at all.

  8. #18
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    32,893
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
    Don't know if I'm being dumb but I don't see any icons at all.

    If you do not see any icons... Go to Settings/General settings, scroll way down, and choose WYSIWYG. Be sure to save your changes.
    Nancy in western NY

  9. #19
    Senior Member BertieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Genoa IL
    Posts
    423
    Katesnanna, you're not being dumb! Maybe your icons aren't in the bar above the space where you type. Try QuiltnNan's advice and go to Settings/General settings scroll way down, and choose WYSIWYG and then SAVE your changes. WYSIWYG what you see is what you get? LOL!

  10. #20
    Senior Member Girlfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Clemente, CA
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    If you do not see any icons... Go to Settings/General settings, scroll way down, and choose WYSIWYG. Be sure to save your changes.
    And I believe you have to be logged in......my computer always automatically logs me in, but if I erase my cookies, then it deletes my auto log in - and I have to log back in, log in, be sure "remember me" is checked.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.