Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Which brand machine embroidery thread is your favorite? >

Which brand machine embroidery thread is your favorite?

Which brand machine embroidery thread is your favorite?

Old 08-05-2014, 05:52 AM

Im pretty new at embroidery but have used glide thread on my longarm for some time. I have the creative performace by pfaff and started with floriani and since i already had the glide on hand tried it for embroidery. Loved it. Couldnt tell the difference. Just splurged and bought all the colors i didnt have. The price is 2.20 per 1000m spool and the bobbins are fabulous as well. The service is wonderful and they also have stabilizer and other fun stuff. The machines are calling.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:42 AM

I use all types and my machine works well with anything I use.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
I buy all my embroidery thread from: http://www.metroemb.com/store/. I don't think you can beat their prices and they have excellent service.
I bought from them: the "66Basic package is a good variety of colors. Very good pricing; I actually caught a very good sale. Love their thread. Works well on my Husqvarna 1+. It is a polyester thread. It works better than the rayon thread for my machine.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:59 PM

First of all I use all kinds. I didn't pay thousands of dollars to have a machine that will dictate to me what it wants. Sometimes I may have to put it in a cup behind the machine or some place else but it works. I've had to do this with a spool of thread that I'd used several times with no problems and then it acts up for that day.

I love Robinson Anton, Floriani is great, they even have a micro for font work, I also use Sulky, Jenny Haskins, Presentia, and I have several others. It really depends on the project. I've even used serger thread when making baskets, etc for kids and want them to hold up and sheen doesn't matter. I usually buy a few in the same color range because most designs use the different shades of the same color for shading effect. Just try one or two of spool and see if you like it.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:48 PM

I use several different brands, but Floriani is my favorite.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:39 PM

Robinson antone, floriannefor me
Old 08-06-2014, 04:42 AM

I use Floriani, Admony, and BFC. I will be replacing as needed with BFC. My machine likes them all.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:56 AM

Way back whenever I started using Fufu Polyester because it was less expensive. It has a great sheen to it and all my machines love it. Then in recent years Florinia or however you spell their name bought them out or took over and raised the prices almost double. My dealer online back then sold out of her stock and I bought most of it so I have plenty for quite some time but am running out of some of my favorite colors so started looking for another brand that could replace it in time. BFC Creation came out with a brand, less expensive with the same sheen and I've purchased a kit for one of their designs that I have plus their metallics for quilting on my Innova. As always with metallics my Innova loves it but my embroidery machine doesn't. Then I remembered I needed to change my needle for the metallics so will try it again later. Anyway, they keep coming up with new colors and they already have over 360 colors to choose from and at the price I think I have found my new thread brand.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
Way back whenever I started using Fufu Polyester because it was less expensive. It has a great sheen to it and all my machines love it. Then in recent years Florinia or however you spell their name bought them out or took over and raised the prices almost double. My dealer online back then sold out of her stock and I bought most of it so I have plenty for quite some time but am running out of some of my favorite colors so started looking for another brand that could replace it in time. BFC Creation came out with a brand, less expensive with the same sheen and I've purchased a kit for one of their designs that I have plus their metallics for quilting on my Innova. As always with metallics my Innova loves it but my embroidery machine doesn't. Then I remembered I needed to change my needle for the metallics so will try it again later. Anyway, they keep coming up with new colors and they already have over 360 colors to choose from and at the price I think I have found my new thread brand.
Also with metalics, try putting it upside down in a cup so that it comes off the spool differently, it works.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:50 AM

I and my machine like madeira