Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Breast Cancer

29 years for me !! It's hard to believe it's been that long but God,family and friends got me through and of course quilting. You are all in my thoughts. Lorraine

Blog Entries
    It will be 12 years at Thanksgiving for me. Congrats to all the survivors! Prayers and love go out to those still fighting. Isn't it wonderful how many survivors we meet now?
    Create with joy in your heart!

I too am a BC survivor ... one year and six months. Have had annual mammograms for 25 years. My case was somewhat unique ... diagnosed w/metastatic BC but there was no cancer in the breast. My immune system had pushed it out to lymph nodes. That was scary ... 34 cancerous nodes removed ... PET and CAT scans revealed no cancer elsewhere in my body .... Hooray ... didn't have to go through Chemo and Radiation. Taking medication ...probably for the rest of my life ... but at age 74 I couldn't be happier.
    Learning something new everyday from all of you.

Am so not looking forward to my mammo on Oct 17, but willdo it anyway.

9 yrs and going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by klutzyquilter View Post
    I too am a BC survivor ... one year and six months. Have had annual mammograms for 25 years. My case was somewhat unique ... diagnosed w/metastatic BC but there was no cancer in the breast. My immune system had pushed it out to lymph nodes. That was scary ... 34 cancerous nodes removed ... PET and CAT scans revealed no cancer elsewhere in my body .... Hooray ... didn't have to go through Chemo and Radiation. Taking medication ...probably for the rest of my life ... but at age 74 I couldn't be happier.
    GOD IS GOOD!!!! Congratulations and I am happy that there was no spreading. Take care..
    MaryB

Blog Entries
    My mom died of Breast Cancer-NOT me, I have had an annual mammogram since the age of 30, and don't regret it at all early detection is the key, and the tight squeeze reminds us all, as soon as the tech releases the machine-"It's over" and you get the results mostly right away from the tech, if there is a problem, they take another exam, and the Radiologist will send you a beautiful card or letter in the mail, putting your mind at ease.

I am old enough to have lost several dear friends over the years to this terrible disease, and lucky enough to have some other friends who have fought the battle successfully. This is terribly important, people. Don't let distractions and excuses get in the way of doing what you can to keep yourself safe, and remind your loved ones.
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

I just made my appointment. My sister and my mother both had breast cancer, so this is one appointment I always keep. Thanks for the reminder.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4