Bull tv show

Old 09-23-2016, 11:14 AM
KLO

Watched Bull last night finally. It was okay and I like Michael Weatherly but it really reminded me of a show we used to watch called "Lie to Me". It started in 2009 and there were three seasons. We enjoyed that mostly. It is different from Bull in that the premise is that this guy who owns a "business" can tell when people are lying ... and he trains others to do that also. They are not trying to mess with jurors though. They showed faces of people (real people, current and otherwise) and were able to tell by their facial movements whether they were truthful or not .... or even angry, etc. Both my dh and I found it very interesting.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:56 AM
mac

KLO, I remember that show. I really enjoyed it and was disappointed to see it go off the air. You are right, there are similarities.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:13 PM

My sewing machine cabinet fits in the corner of my sewing room. I have a tv mounted above it. I have the tv on often while I sew. I mostly listen to it. It is dangerous to look up at the tv too much while sewing. Ask me how I know that one. I watched Bull and I'm not too sure about it. I will probably watch it a couple of more times before I decide.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by mac View Post
It was a ridiculous question and had nothing to do with jury selection. That being said the ones that went along and gave an answer to that question were the people who would just go with the flow and not challenge the validity of what was told to them. The ones that took a stand and refused to answer such an inane question showed that they were independent thinkers and were willing to stand up for what they believed in and not fold and give in to convention. Supposedly the lady was the only one who refused to answer the question and that was why Bull knew that she was a natural born leader and others would listen to her.

Why Bull asked the lady the same question again at the end of the show sort of went over my head, too.
Thanks mac for that explaination, now I see and will have to watch that episode again. My hubby used to explain stuff like that to me but unfortunately he's been gone for 8 years now, miss him and still feel lost without him.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:19 AM
mac

Originally Posted by silverfoxmag View Post
Thanks mac for that explaination, now I see and will have to watch that episode again. My hubby used to explain stuff like that to me but unfortunately he's been gone for 8 years now, miss him and still feel lost without him.
I'm sorry to hear that. Losing a loved one really cuts deep and some wounds never heal. Sending you hugs.
Mary Ann
Old 09-28-2016, 06:29 AM

I watched Bull last night for the first time. I watched for a while then turned to something else. Could not get into it. I like Michael but was not impressed. I think I'm done with it
Old 09-28-2016, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by mojo11 View Post
I watched Bull last night for the first time. I watched for a while then turned to something else. Could not get into it. I like Michael but was not impressed. I think I'm done with it
I didn't even try to watch it last night...I did watch Pitch last Thursday, and really liked it. Just have to remember to catch it again tomorrow night.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:57 PM
mac

After watching the second show, I have a feeling that it isn't going to last long. I don't think that Michael Weatherly, even though he is a good actor, is going to able to this show afloat. So far the show is really predictable and you know that he is going to win the case in the end, so what's the point? It is like watching the Titanic, you know the boat is going to sink.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by mac View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. Losing a loved one really cuts deep and some wounds never heal. Sending you hugs.
Mary Ann
Mary Ann, thanks for the hug, that was sweet.

Marie
Old 09-29-2016, 05:56 AM
Power Poster

I wonder how much a client would be charged for that type of service?

Have you ever noticed that on shows such as "Cheers" no one ever paid for their drinks?

I think "The Good Wife" was one of the few shows that actually talked about billing clients.