Bummer

Old 01-05-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Cyn
Karyn, was it a Sharp by any chance?
Originally Posted by Karyn
We bought a flat screen for the living room for our anniversary 2 years ago. Within 2 months, it had to be repaired. It has worked well ever since but still has episodes where the screen just goes black for a couple of seconds. Another flat screen (same Brand) smaller version for my sewing room and it has never given a moments trouble. I told hubby if anybody asked me if I liked that brand I would say YES and NO lol
Nope, it was a VIZIO
Old 01-05-2011, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by judymay
Our TV goes out like that once in a while (reason unknown) and if we unplug it from the outlet for about three minutes it will reset it's self. I don't know if that will work for you but you can try it.
Our satellite DISH goes off sometimes too and we have to unplug and reset. Thats a pain sometimes to move the flat screen tv to get to the cords, I'm always scared to move it that the tv will just turn over and hit the floor!
And they call this PROGRESS???? LOL
Old 01-05-2011, 03:21 PM

If it was to cost me a single penny they would get it back.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:01 AM

Hope all turns out well.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:13 PM

we bought a new jennair dishwasher..stainless inside & out, top of the line... 2 weeks after we got it, the computer went out... had to be replaced.

we got a kenmore refrigerator separate unit from freezer (similar to sub zero) went out of town about a month later, came back fridge was dead..separate freezer was fine. sears (now owned by kmart) was awful about fixing, came out & fixed it twice & finally had to replace it...because i told then if they didn't i would be in thier appliance department every sat & sun telling every potetial customer my story when they brought the new one, it only had 1 leveling foot, should have 4.. so i had to go back to sears & argue about that... when they ordered the parts they told me i had to PAY for them.. the meltdown i had bought the security guard and threats to call the police... until they FINALLY looked at all the paperwork i had been trying to show them to start with.... they gave the new (?) feet for free??? you don't even want to hear about the number of call i had to make to get the insurance pay off on the lost groceries paid...

when the old washer died, we got a new bosch front loader. got it dlvd on veteren's day a couple years ago. 11/11 day before thanksgiving the rubber gasket tht keeps the water in came off the door surround... i called the place we got it from, they told me 2 weeks to come "look" at it... at the time, they had on order a new range and the matching dryer. i got the manager on the phone, told them cancel everything & come get this piece of s^^^ out of my house, or get someone over here to fix it today... he found someone.. big surprise!

all of then work fine now, but really... !
Old 01-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Cyn

Originally Posted by dljennings
we bought a new jennair dishwasher..stainless inside & out, top of the line... 2 weeks after we got it, the computer went out... had to be replaced.

we got a kenmore refrigerator separate unit from freezer (similar to sub zero) went out of town about a month later, came back fridge was dead..separate freezer was fine. sears (now owned by kmart) was awful about fixing, came out & fixed it twice & finally had to replace it...because i told then if they didn't i would be in thier appliance department every sat & sun telling every potetial customer my story when they brought the new one, it only had 1 leveling foot, should have 4.. so i had to go back to sears & argue about that... when they ordered the parts they told me i had to PAY for them.. the meltdown i had bought the security guard and threats to call the police... until they FINALLY looked at all the paperwork i had been trying to show them to start with.... they gave the new (?) feet for free??? you don't even want to hear about the number of call i had to make to get the insurance pay off on the lost groceries paid...

when the old washer died, we got a new bosch front loader. got it dlvd on veteren's day a couple years ago. 11/11 day before thanksgiving the rubber gasket tht keeps the water in came off the door surround... i called the place we got it from, they told me 2 weeks to come "look" at it... at the time, they had on order a new range and the matching dryer. i got the manager on the phone, told them cancel everything & come get this piece of s^^^ out of my house, or get someone over here to fix it today... he found someone.. big surprise!

Oh I hope mine doesn't take this long or is this painful!
Old 01-07-2011, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by dljennings

And they wonder why people go 'postal' !!!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:31 PM

I was told by a saleman in a "big store" the one with the yellow and blue tag as their logo, that the TV's are now made to last only 4-5 years these days. He said it is because things change so much that it costs more to repair and many parts are not repairable. Also that with digital something new will be coming along and won't be compatible with new technology. That really ticked me off as most of my tv's are 15 - 20 years old. They have worked fine until everything went digital and now many shows "tile" or freeze. One would think they could work the bugs out before they force it on us.