Busy lovely weekend....

Old 04-27-2009, 12:15 AM

I just had to tell you about the lovely weekend I had. I feel a bit guilty as my poor boyfriend has had an AWFUL weekend (long story involving his ex, she is a nightmare)

Saturday it rained but I spent most of the day putting together the quilt sandwich of my 'Quilt for Me'. What a job! I have never handled anything bigger than a baby quilt before, so that was interesting. Not entirely happy with the results from the way I did it (pinned backing to carpet and spray basted and so on...), but thats ok. I even quilted the centre section, just did a straight line grid. I Am planning to stipple the border another day, my hands and arms were getting tired by then.

Saturday evening was a relaxing night with a glass of wine watching Britain's Got Talent. You HAVE to check out this girl, she's great!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmmbH7iGzTw

Sunday, the weather was fine, I drove over to Mom and Dad's early (roof of the car down, thats how nice it was!) to stay with Mom so Dad could go out cycling. Me and Mom went to the nearby picturesque village of Kinver ( http://www.stourbridge.co.uk/htm/kinver.htm ) to their community centre where they were holding a Bric-a-Brac sale, which was fun. I got some bargains....a marble rolling pin for £5 ($7.29) , a packet of 5 pairs sports socks for Dad for 50p (72 cents), a full 50ml bottle of 'Paris' perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for £4 ($5.83) which is the real bargain as it is £30 in the shops. And Mom won a little stuffed rabbit in the tombola.

Then we went by the supermarket to get burgers and sausages, and I did a BBQ for lunch for me, Mom and Dad. My brother was at work but I put aside some food for him. I went home about 4pm, did a little light housework, made a BIG pot of turkey chilli to freeze in batches, and then spent some quality time on the sofa with the cats for the rest of the evening.

Now Monday morning is here...it is RAINING hard and back to work. :cry:

Hope you all had a good weekend too! :wink:

Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 AM

That sounds like a close to perfect time! (lounging with the dogs for me. :- )
Old 04-27-2009, 03:09 AM

Sounds like a perfect weekend!
Old 04-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!!! I am sure your parents really enjoyed your time together, too :D
Old 04-27-2009, 07:13 AM

You did have a fantastic weekend! I loved the clip of the little girl. She sure faked them out with the dancing first, and then singing. I always love the look on Simon's face when someone surprises him! This little girls' voice will only get better as she matures. I think she must have had some vocal training.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

What a wonderful weekend. Sound like a perfect one to me. And if it had to rain, let it wait til Monday when you will be at work anyway.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

Oh, my. I just watched that video. It was amazing. I loved watching Simons face change from cynical to amazed. What a voice that little girl has.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:06 AM

Amazing little girl.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:40 AM

Thanks for taking us along on your weekend Mary! The link you posted for Kinver/Stourbridge is great - they have some terrific pictures :D
And the video from Britain's Got Talent....wow! I love it when Simon gets tricked like that :wink:
Old 04-27-2009, 08:52 AM

What a wonderful weekend!!

We also had a great one here in Missouri and it is also raining on Monday.

Holly was wonderful. Keep us posted as to how this season turns out.