Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: calendar cuties

calendar cuties

I have been raising money for basset hound rescue for many years. In 2011 one of my hounds morphed from Pwincess Xandy Bear to Queen Xandy Bear of the Michigan Waddle. A friend of mine in rescue longer than me had a hound Queen of the 2010 Waddle, Queen Pawtunia. Her husband who is the pawctionier at the annual Pawction dubbed our girls, "the Two Old Queens". They have been fundraising together under that title for the last couple of years. We are proud to say that we raised $1,503.00 to have this picture in the Senior Hounds Abound 2013 calendar as the pinup girls for May. The theme of last years Waddle where the pic was taken was Rennaisance. Almost time to get ready for this years Waddle and the theme is Wizard of Oz. Shhh...don't tell but the girls will be the good witch and bad witch. The royal seamstress is already working on their frocks. Yes, we are crazy...little bit... Forgot to add-Pawtunia is on the left and XB on the right.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Last edited by blondeslave; 01-15-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

Too cute!! Congrats on all the money you have raised!

Blog Entries
    Way to cute yes Congrats on all the money u have raised

they are so cute.

Loving life in the sun ! With sunscreen on of course ...
    HOW wonderful of you !!! Love the costumes.. Oh and please be sure to show us the "good and bad witch" costumes when the royal seamstress gets done. My daughter is part of the Great Dane rescue; I admire all of you that rescue dogs for "future" homes, alas I couldn't. I would be the crazy dog lady; keep em all !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

they are adoreable.

Senior Member craftygal63@yahoo.com's Avatar
    I love Rescue Group fund raisers. They are always sooooo much fun! Good Luck!

I have 2 basset hounds that are rescues and one basset/ daschaund mix. Just love their personalities.

Rescue groups are wonderful it takes a special type of big hearted people to do that! My parents were both dog show judges and we had a Saint Bernard kennel and they were big into Saint rescue and I know what it takes to raise money, congrats! Love the calendar idea!

Thank you for your wonderful efforts!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu