Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Can we request a change in forums?

If we can request a change in the forums, I'd like to make a suggestion.
    In the Unread Topics section it would be really nice if there was a way to check some of the topics to delete. There are some that I'm just not interested in reading, and since I work 12 hour shifts, some days there are so many that the older ones don't show up on the bottom of the page until I've read some of them. It would make reading the ones of interest a lot easier.
    Thanks for listening.
    Carol B

Blog Entries
    I agree!

Blog Entries
    DITTO!!

Blog Entries
    At the top of the page click on My Profile, there is a place to change the topics that will be in the Recent Topics and it applies to Unread Topics as well :D:D:D
    Click the ones you do NOT want included :wink:

Yes, I have narrowed it down by doing that, but for instance....I might want to see SOME of the recipes, but don't want my UNREAD option filled with recipes I'm not interested in. If there were 10 listed, and I only wanted to view 2 of them, I could delete the other 8 without having to view them.
    There are a lot of topics on main and for sale and others that I'm just not interested in viewing, but I don't want to delete that forum from my unread list.
    I'm sure if there was a way to delete the ones I didn't want to read, I'd subscribe to a lot more of the topics.
    But thanks for the reminder, sometimes we forget the options that we do have.
    Carol B

Blog Entries
    Unread Topics and Recent Topics are meant to monitor the newest topics/posts on the intra-day (or more like intra-hour) scale. So that the more active users can see what was posted "just now" and jump between topics quickly.

If you haven't checked the board in a while and need to catch up, then you might want to go directly to the sections and browse as far back as you want.

Blog Entries
    thank you admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    Unread Topics and Recent Topics are meant to monitor the newest topics/posts on the intra-day (or more like intra-hour) scale. So that the more active users can see what was posted "just now" and jump between topics quickly.

If you haven't checked the board in a while and need to catch up, then you might want to go directly to the sections and browse as far back as you want.