Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian buyers

Just a question to sellers on the board. Why do some sellers put "only ship to US addresses"? I saw a pattern the other day that I would have bought, but I'm from Canada.I respect their decision, and I know that it costs more to ship to Canada, but I would have willingly paid the extra cost.
    Just wondering.................

I have the same question!

actually it is not a lot more....and we Canadians are always willing to pay the extra.....can`t understand either...curious to know as well

Because it can be a bit tricky to figure out postage and some people have had negative experiences shipping to Canada(me included).

Blog Entries
    In my case; Because it usually cost $14.95 to ship international and sometimes the seller cannot afford to pay the shipping of $14.95 fee.

I got stung once. I had a price of the shipping, then a lady from Canada answered and wanted item, not telling me she was from Cananda, and made me stick to that price. SO, I did, but ended up losing money, plus I had a hard time figuring out customs. I have sent things to Cananda, but want people to know that the price of shipping I quoted is only for USA so I dont lose money again.

but if we are willing to pay for the international shipping why would it really be an issue? I have an US address that I can use but it has to have a receipt attached to it and sometimes that is more of a hassel then just getting it shipped to Canada.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    I got stung once. I had a price of the shipping, then a lady from Canada answered and wanted item, not telling me she was from Cananda, and made me stick to that price. SO, I did, but ended up losing money, plus I had a hard time figuring out customs. I have sent things to Cananda, but want people to know that the price of shipping I quoted is only for USA so I dont lose money again.
    That happened to me before on here, when I was first selling.

I paid more for the international shipping than what I sold the item.

All the seller would have to do is list the item and say international shipping extra. Cost upon request or some such thing.

I think you can't ship to Canada from the self-serve/automated mailing kiosks. Standing in line adds to the hassle factor. Actually, I once mailed a giveaway to Canada, my treat, but that's because I love Canadians :) I was rescued off the highway after being hit by a semi in the Ice Storm of 1998. A family put me up for 3 days while I waited to fly home. The Rosseau/LeMieux family. "LeMieux" means "the best"- and they were, may God bless them.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast